Position: Administrative Assistant
Employer: Aga Khan Foundation Canada
Location: Ottawa, ON
Deadline: May 23, 2023
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Entry Level
Salary Range: between $42,000 and $47,000 per year.
Closing Date: May 23, 2023
Terms of Reference
Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC) is an international development organization and registered charity. AKFC partners with communities, businesses, and governments to find innovative, lasting solutions to global challenges. Working in Africa and Asia, we invest in local institutions and systems that anchor progress over the long term. In Canada, AKFC mobilizes funding and expertise, and promotes awareness of global issues. AKFC is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network, one of the world’s most comprehensive development organizations. Since 1980, AKFC has helped millions of women and men to unlock their own potential to build a better life. Learn more at akfc.ca
The Public Engagement and Resource Mobilization (PERM) team at AKFC is a multi-faceted and dynamic team. It is made up of highly motivated professionals, whose responsibilities include: the development and execution of public engagement initiatives; the mobilization of financial resources from Canadian individuals and corporations; the management of corporate communications; collaboration with the AKDN and its agencies; volunteer engagement; and the stewarding of relationships with government partners and other institutions.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Public Engagement and Resource Mobilization department, including organizing logistics for travel, meetings and team events as well as facilitating internal processes such as procurement, contracting and purchase orders. The incumbent is a focal point for information and is responsible to ensure administrative and organizational efficiency within the department. The incumbent is expected to be proactive and have the ability to forecast the administrative needs of the department.
The incumbent should be available to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
The starting salary range for this position is between $42,000 and $47,000 per year.
• Act as the focal point between the finance department and the teams, taking responsibility for purchase order / invoice management, expense claims, administrative budgets and other finance-related tasks
• Support logistics for internal and external meetings and events, both virtual and in-person.
• Act as the focal point for contract preparation and management, ensuring that proper procedures and templates are followed, and that all supporting documentation is provided.
• Administrative support for volunteer engagement program
• Respond to public inquiries
• Other administrative support as required
Qualifications & Experience
• Post-secondary education from an accredited college or university required.
• One to three years’ experience in an administrative position.
Essential Skills and Attributes
• Proven competence with standard technical and computer tools commonly used in office applications, including the Microsoft Office suite and the Internet.
• Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities from a number of sources, and apply negotiation skills.
• Proven administrative, time management and organizational skills with the ability to apply great attention to detail, prioritize work and apply judgment to situations.
• Able to work independently supporting a team of individuals to achieve results.
• Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
• The ability to maintain strong and respectful personal relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
• Proficiency in French will be considered an asset
• Dynamic, collaborative, and able to face challenges with patience, perseverance, and flexibility.
• Capacity to work independently or with others, take initiative, set priorities, and manage a variety of activities simultaneously.
• Enthusiastic to learn from others and share knowledge.
• Demonstrated intercultural competence and ability to adapt professional skills to fit local conditions and constraints.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume via email to AKFC.HR@AKDN.ORG indicating Administrative Assistant in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Deadline for submissions: May 23, 2023
Please note that applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. The position is based in Ottawa and will require regular presence at the AKFC office within the Delegation Building.
AKFC is committed to advancing gender equality and inclusion through our programming and operations in Canada and overseas. AKFC requires all employees to review and abide by the AKFC Gender Equality Policy.
AKFC recognizes the importance of safeguarding and is committed to ensuring it manages a wide range of risks such that beneficiaries, staff, other associates and the organization as a whole are kept safe from harm.
AKFC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.