Position: GENDER EQUALITY CONSULTANT (REMOTE)
Employer: Aga Khan Foundation Canada
Deadline: October 15, 2023
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Senior
Closing Date: October 15, 2023
GENDER EQUALITY CONSULTANT (REMOTE)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Aga Khan Foundation is seeking an experienced Gender Equality Consultant to support the US and Canada offices in effectively integrating and achieving gender equality objectives and results into their programs.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private, not-for-profit, non-denominational, international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. AKF brings together human, financial and technical resources to address some of the challenges faced by the poorest and most marginalized communities in the world. With an emphasis on women and girls, AKF invests in human potential, expanding opportunities and improving quality of life. AKF was established in the US and Canada in 1981.
The purpose of this consultancy is to provide expertise to AKFC and AKF-USA on gender equality and women’s empowerment across its program portfolio.
III. Specific Objectives:
Specific objectives of this consultancy are to:
1. Provide technical assistance to projects on the integration of gender equality
2. Conduct gender analyses and gender assessments
3. Support on the gender equality components of baseline, midline and endline studies
4. Support training on gender equality for staff working on Canadian and US funded projects as necessary
5. Contribute to AKFC and AKF-USA’s learning agenda on gender equality and women’s empowerment
The Consultant will report to AKF’s Regional Gender Equality Advisor, North America and work with program staff as needed.
V. Qualifications & Proposal Process:
The consultant should be a senior professional with an advanced degree in a relevant field and a minimum of 10 years’ experience. The candidate(s) should bring to the position:
• Experience in conducting gender analyses and implementing gender equality activities, including training, in international development projects and organizations.
• Experience working with donor-funded projects; strong understanding and experience with meeting donor gender equality criteria in project design, reporting and monitoring/evaluation; experience with GAC-funded development programming is an asset.
• Knowledge and experience of research design and implementation, including qualitative and quantitative gender sensitive data collection methodologies.
• Knowledge and experience of gender sensitive results-based management and evaluation with particular attention to assessing gender equality results and intersectional analyses.
• Superb analytical, organizational, negotiation and problem-solving skills. Proven interpersonal and communication skills in diverse and cross-cultural settings.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; candidates who can also work in French are strongly preferred.
• Outstanding facilitation skills with large, multi-lingual groups.
• Knowledge of the AKDN and experience working in countries where the AKDN is present.
• Knowledge of AKFC’s program portfolio and in particular its gender equality objectives.
VI. Duration of the activity:
The consultancy is expected to take 40 days and is expected to start on 15 November 2023 and to be finalized by 31 December 2024. Deadlines for all deliverables will be confirmed during the assignment.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume including consultancy rate, and the names and contact information of three professional references by October 15, 2023, via email to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AKF is committed to advancing gender equality and inclusion through our programming and operations.
AKFC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
AKFC recognizes the importance of safeguarding and is committed to ensuring it manages a wide range of risks such that beneficiaries, staff, other associates, and the organization as a whole, are kept safe from harm.
To learn more about us, please visit our websites at: www.akfc.ca /www.akfusa.org.