Position: Mathematics Specialist
Employer: Aga Khan Foundation Canada
Location: Mumbai, India
Deadline: August 31, 2023
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: August 31, 2023
Host Agency: Aga Khan Education Service India
Placement: Mumbai, India
Duration: 9 Months
About AKF Canada
Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC) is an international development organization and registered charity. AKFC partners with communities, businesses, and governments to find innovative, lasting solutions to promote inclusive development. Working in Africa and Asia, the Foundation invests in local institutions and systems that anchor progress over the long term. In Canada, AKFC mobilizes funding and expertise, and promotes awareness of global issues. In all of our work, advancing gender equality, inclusion and pluralism are key objectives and approaches. AKFC is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network, one of the world’s most comprehensive development organizations. Since 1980, AKFC has helped millions of women and men to unlock their own potential to build a better life. Learn more at akfc.ca.
About AKES India
Since the establishment of the first Aga Khan School in Mundra in 1905, AKES-I has worked towards enriching the lives of pupils through quality education services and a pluralist philosophy. Today, AKES-I manages eight schools, one residential hostel and nineteen Aga Khan Pre-Schools, in the states of Gujarat, Maharashtra and Telangana, catering to approximately 8000 students, from Nursery to Grade 12 across urban and rural regions.
AKES schools in India offer State as well as National Curriculum syllabus and encourage STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) subjects, offering subjects including Robotics, Abacus, Vedic Maths, Painting, Music and Dance. Emphasis is placed on holistic child development through a balanced approach towards curricular and co-curricular activities.
The candidate should coordinate, support, and guide the AKESI Math Academic Manager and in turn the schools in the following areas and work towards their continuous improvement of academic standards and performance:
• Oversee Mathematics curriculum development, implementation, monitoring and review.
• Support common Mathematics academic planning and execution across the schools in alignment with requirements of the affiliating boards.
• Develop and effectively implement appropriate assessment strategies and modules for schools for Mathematics aligning with the requirements of affiliating boards and their periodical review.
• Develop and implement Math Performance Analysis –across the school system.
• To monitor trend of students & Math results across schools and hostel.
• To maintain tracker on Math Curriculum planning.
• Develop Learning Resources for Math for students and relevant teacher references.
• Support school academic strategic plans and their implementation and periodical review.
• Support innovative and creative Math teaching and learning practices.
• Source and share best practices with the schools.
• Facilitate schools’ transition to digital teaching and learning environment in collaboration with the Information Manager and Academic Head.
• Provide advice to improve the quality of textbooks and reference resources for students and teachers, including library resources and ensure their effective utilization.
• To assist Head of Academics in planning professional development for school staff and leaders and track the same to attain AKESI minimum standard and beyond for career enhancement.
Required Qualifications & Experience
• Graduate/Postgraduate in Math and Teacher certification/degree in Education
• Experience of teaching Math in schools (K-12), developed Math curriculum and resources for Math K-12, experience of training teachers. Ed Tech experience preferred.
• English language skills are a requirement.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by clicking the link below.
Deadline: August 31, 2023 by 11:59pm EDT
Please note that due to the nature of funding for this position, the placement is only open to Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AKFC is committed to advancing gender equality and inclusion through our programming and operations in Canada and overseas. AKFC requires all employees to review and abide by the AKFC Gender Equality Policy.
AKFC recognizes the importance of safeguarding and is committed to ensuring it manages a wide range of risks such that beneficiaries, staff, other associates and the organization as a whole are kept safe from harm.
AKFC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.