Position: Resource Mobilization Advisor
Employer: Cuso International
Deadline: July 25, 2019
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: July 25, 2019
Location Kingston, Jamaica
Start Date Sep - Nov 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 6 Months
Language Requirements English
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
Are you passionate about supporting local community NGOs make lasting change in their communities?
As a Resource Mobilization Advisor you will support Multi-Care Youth Foundation (MYF) in developing an effective and sustainable funding strategy for their youth programs. The Multi-Care Youth Foundation provides life skills training and educational programs to inner city youth with the goal of economic empowerment. MYF has been offering services to community members for over 20 years and is committed to youth empowerment. Overall, you will support MYF to source long term funding to make them more sustainable in their offerings to their communities.
Apply now and support a community NGO make lasting change and improve the livelihoods of innercity community members.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Develop a grant/ fundraising plan for Multicare.
- Consult and coordinate on other innovative fundraising activities.
- Consult, coordinate and use marketing/public relations to undertake activities to promote a positive profile of organization.
- Provide capacity building workshops for knowledge transfer to staff on successful grant writing.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- University degree at the Bachelor or Masters level (preferred), with at least 5 years of experience in a related field; and a track record of successful grant applications/ fundraising.
Essential Professional Background:
- Strong appreciation for and ability to use marketing, public relations, and fundraising activities to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Action-oriented, adaptable, passionate, strong ethics, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation