Position: Adviser In Methodological Tools And Knowledge Management
Employer: Cuso International
Deadline: July 25, 2019
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: July 25, 2019
Start date June - August 2019 (flexible)
Duration of the position 6 Months
Language requirements Spanish
Open only for people with Canadian citizenship or permanent residence
Due to the restrictions of the funders, support for accompanying persons / dependents is not available for this placement.
The role of this volunteer
We are looking for a volunteer like you to support the Institute for the Social Economy (IPES) in the construction of a research document, which aims to perform an extensive analysis of the informal economy problem in a global way, perform a local analysis and to be able to establish some lines of work for the next government, this taking into account the urgent need to be able to continue with the attention to the population in situation of high vulnerability in the city.
"Jobs to Build the Future" is a project funded by the Government of Canada that seeks, in partnership with the national and territorial government, private companies and civil society, to provide formal employment opportunities for women, youth and victims, fostering their socio-economic inclusion and increasing levels of labor equity for people in vulnerable situations entering the labor market.
For the reasons described above, in partnership with social organizations specializing in this area, we seek a volunteer who will provide advice and strengthen tools, methodologies and general procedures that the partner organizations of the "Jobs for the future" project implement within the framework of assistance technique that Cuso International provides in matters of public policies for inclusive employment.
During your volunteering, you will have the following objectives:
- Review of the panorama of the informal economy worldwide, highlighting the main problems in an integral manner and the way in which national and local governments have faced this problem.
- Support the construction of a diagnosis on the situation of the informal economy, paying special attention to the population in high conditions of vulnerability, the population displaced by the armed conflict, women heads of households, young people and the immigrant population.
- Support the development of an investigation on the transformations of the market places, not only in conditions of infrastructure but in the improvement of the quality of life of its merchants.
Essential academic qualifications:
- Professional career in Economic, Administrative Sciences, Social Sciences, Education Sciences and related. Postgraduate in related areas.
Essential professional experience:
-Methodology and current regulations on the preparation, formulation, evaluation and monitoring of projects.
- Participatory research methodologies.
-Methodologies compiling documents. Quantitative and qualitative techniques.
-Construction of research documents.
- Basic monthly allowance to cover personal expenses (varies by country)
- Accommodation during your volunteering
- Air travel and visa costs and / or work permit
- Cost of necessary vaccines, anti-malaria medicine and medical insurance
- Pre-game training and orientation in the country
- Travel and accommodation for the weekend of feedback
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program during their volunteering and when they return to their country of residence
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for orientation in the country