Position: Gender Equality And Social Inclusion Advisor
Employer: Cuso international
Deadline: July 25, 2019
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: July 25, 2019
Location Bogotá, Colombia
Start Date Jun - Aug 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 9 Months
Language Requirements Spanish
Please submit a Spanish Resume and Statement of Interest
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
Due to funder restrictions, support for accompanying partners/dependents is not available for this placement.
The Volunteer’s Role
We are looking for a volunteer like you to advise and support businesses in Bogotá that are implementing the "Ruta Inclusiva" program. In this role, you will help ensure that activities from the program are being incorporated in their processes. You will also work on systematizing the experiences of these businesses and evaluating the impact of these interventions.
As part of the Gender Equality and Social Inclusion team, you will provide support and will strengthen tools, methodology and general processes for the organizations participating in the project. You will support the development of lessons learned and best practices within the businesses implementing the "Ruta Insluiva" program in the cities of Bogotá, Medellín, Cartagena, Barranquilla and Cali.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Implement training to raise awareness among employees of business associations and partnering businesses on incorporating a gender and social inclusion focus.
- Systematize information around the impact of the creation and incorporation of practices and policies on gender equality and social inclusion.
- Support the implementation of activities to identify strategies to overcome barriers to access the job market for women, youth and victims of the armed conflict.
- Provide support to the Human Resources teams in partner organizations in the implementation of measures to promote inclusive selection, recruitment and retention of personal.
- Systematize best practices and lessons learned.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Studies in social work, psychology, gender studies, sociology, community development, political sciences or other related fields.
Essential Professional Background:
- Strong ability and experience in human resources, project design, strategic planning, business management and capacity building;
- Strong experience in field work and community work.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation