Position: Program And Business Development Advisor - Volunteer in Nigeria
Employer: Cuso International
Location: Ikom, Nigeria
Deadline: April 19, 2018
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: April 19, 2018
Start Date Feb - Apr 2018(flexible)
Length of Placement 6 Months
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
Greater Hands Foundation is in need of a volunteer who will build the capacity of the team to identify, cultivate, secure and steward donors. This objective will be used to continue the vital work to strive towards Sustainable Development, and economic Empowerment.foundsations’sHealth
As a volunteer, you will:
- Conduct a stewardship audit to identify past challenges to renewing institutional and individual donors.
- Assist Greater Hands Foundation staff in developing a case for support for each core program.
- Identify and build relationships with foundations, multi-laterals and private donors who have not previously supported the work of Greater Hands Foundation.
- Work collaboratively with the Greater Hands Foundation team to write and submit funding proposals.
- Conduct an in-depth capacity assessment (CAP) of Greater Hands Foundation for Cuso International
Essential Academic Qualifications:
A university degree in public relations, communication, marketing or related social science field
Essential Professional Background:
At least 3 years related work experience in non-governmental organizations, development agencies, hospitals, organization’s in fundraising, business development and/or program development.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation