Position: Human Resource Advisor
Employer: Cuso International
Deadline: February 28, 2019
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: February 28, 2019
City Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
Start Date Feb - Apr 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 12 Months
Language Requirements English
The Volunteer’s Role
The overall purpose of this placement is to assist the Department of Rural Development with the objective of enhancing and improving their day-to-day human resources management system; supporting the establishment of guidelines and procedures; and making links between paper-based and computer-based data.
This placement is intended to continue the work of our previous HR Advisor volunteer.
Whilst the current Administration Department is responsible for HR, there is no one specifically assigned to the HR function and DRD feels their current recruitment strategy needs to be updated to incorporate the wider remit of their department and to ensure strong performance management and well-defined roles for all their team members.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Review the HR management system that was previously implemented by a volunteer and apply the knowledge into the day to day work
- Develop an employee job satisfaction and engagement survey at the workforce
- Share Canadian HR practices that will be beneficial and review the Union Civic Service rules and regulations
- Develop efficient guidelines and best practices to be used in the organization
Essential Academic Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to HR management and Organizational Behavior.
Essential Professional Background:
- Proven ability to establish collaborative relationships with senior leaders and leading organizational change associated with implementation
- 5-7 years of progressive HR experience, with a proven track record of establishing and leading new initiatives from the ground up.
- Experience teaching English as a second language.
- Capacity to assess, develop, and implement sustainable HR processes and guidelines in alignment with organizational needs
- Organizational Development and program strategy experience
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated experience of working in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to work alongside an interpreter and patience in ensuring effective communication, particularly with technical speech.