Position: Gender Equality And Social Inclusion Advisor
Employer: Cuso International
Deadline: February 28, 2019
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: February 28, 2019
Location Bogotá, Colombia
Start Date Mar - May 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 9 Months
Language Requirements Spanish
The Volunteer’s Role
We are looking for a volunteer like you to advise and support businesses in Bogotá implementing the program "Ruta Inclusiva", to ensure that activities from the program are being incorporated in their processes. In this role, you will also work on systematizing the experiences of these businesses and evaluate the impact of these interventions.
"Empleos para construir futuro" (Jobs to build the future) is a project funded by the Government of Canada with the objective of building partnerships with national and regional governments, the private sector and civil society, to offer formal employment opportunities to women, youth and victims of the armed conflict. The project also aims at improving their socioeconomic inclusion and increase labor equity for people in situation of vulnerability in the labor force.
For this project, we are looking for a volunteer that will join the Gender Equality and Social Inclusion team and will provide support and will strengthen tools, methodology and general processes for the organizations participating in the project. You will support the development of lessons learned and best practices within the businesses implementing the "Ruta Insluiva" in the cities of Bogotá, Medellín, Cartagena, Barranquilla and Cali.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Implement trainings to raise awareness among employees of business associations and partnering businesses on incorporating a gender and social inclusion focus.
- Systematize information around the impact of the creation and incorporation of practices and policies on gender equality and social inclusion.
- Support the implementation of activities to identify strategies to overcome barriers to access the job market for women, youth and victims of the armed conflict.
- Provide support to the Human Resources teams in partner organizations in the implementation of measures to promote inclusive selection, recruitment and retention of personal.
- Systematize best practices and lessons learned.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Studies in social work, psychology, gender studies, sociology, community development, political sciences or other fields of studies.
Essential Professional Background:
- Strong ability and experience in human resources, project design, strategic planning, business management and capacity building;
- Strong experience in field work and community work.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months