Position: Digital Marketing Advisor
Employer: Uniterra - WUSC and CECI program
Deadline: August 13, 2018
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: August 13, 2018
DURATION: 12 months
EXPECTED DEPARTURE DATE: Departure date is contingent upon completion of administrative file and approval of visa. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and position will remain open until filled.
Uniterra is a leading Canadian international volunteer cooperation and development program, jointly implemented by the Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI) and World University Service of Canada (WUSC).
Uniterra contributes to improving the socio-economic conditions of poor and marginalized communities in 14 countries and with over 200 partners in Africa, Asia and the Americas through the exchange of expertise and knowledge of Canadian and international volunteers. Uniterra believes that economic growth, when inclusive, is the most powerful driver of poverty reduction. The purpose of the Uniterra program is to improve the lives of some of the world’s most vulnerable populations by stimulating growth and facilitating access to the benefits of growing and diversified markets. To make this happen, we are working with our local partners to enhance the income of poor and marginalized women and youth through better access to employment and income generation opportunities. Uniterracountry program staff work with our local partners to design Uniterra assignments in the context of the country strategy, supporting the inclusion of women and youth in key economic sub sectors.
For more information on the Uniterra program, our approach and countries of focus please visit: Uniterra.ca
The Tourism Advisory Board (TAB) represents key stakeholders in Vietnam’s tourism industry and provides support and expert advice to the Vietnam Administration of Tourism (VNAT) and the Ministry of Culture Sport and Tourism (MCST) on tourism development. TAB has the following responsibilities: (i) promoting the Vietnamese tourism sector development; (ii) providing advice to VNAT and MCST in developing tourism policies and creating opportunities for dialogue between the government and the private sector; (iii) supporting tourism marketing, especially international marketing; and (iv) fundraising for tourism development.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy for TAB’s website, including keyword discovery, link building strategy, and on-site optimization;
- Research and outline SEO strategy for targeting of selected travel markets
- Advise editorial team on content creation for specific audiences;
- Oversee and analyse Search Engine Marketing (SEM) campaigns within TAB’s budget;
- Prepare and draft reports required by the host organization and the Uniterra program.
- Promote the accessibility and participation of women and youth in all program activities.
- Background in digital marketing
- In-depth understanding of SEO and performance marketing
- Experience managing SEM campaigns in Google
- Knowledge of website analytics tools
- Critical thinker, detail-oriented, analytical, tech-savvy
- Fluent in English
VOLUNTEER BENEFITS AND SUPPORT:
- Support and guidance prior to departure and while on assignment in country.
- Participation in a pre-departure training where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, gain practical skills for living and working in an intercultural context and meet other volunteers. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
- In-country orientation and briefing upon arrival in-country.
- Language training in-country where required.
- Return flights, visas and work permits.
- Cost of required country specific vaccinations and antimalarials.
- Health insurance.
- Modest monthly living allowance while overseas.
- Accommodation while overseas.
- Vacation leave entitlement.
- Return debriefing in Canada after completion of assignment. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
- An incredible opportunity to enhance your professional skills and participate in an experience of a lifetime!
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada between the age of 18-70.
- Departure date is contingent upon the timely completion of all administrative requirements (e.g. visa processes, medical clearance, police checks, travel documentation).
- With the support of the program, all volunteers shall undertake to make a minimum financial contribution of $1,500 for participating in the program.
TO APPLY VISIT: