Position: Communications and Engagement Officer
Employer: Canadian Executive Service Organization
Location: Toronto, ON or Montreal, QC
Deadline: November 15, 2019
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: November 15, 2019
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Communications and Engagement, the Communications and Engagement Officer is responsible for planning, developing and executing a variety of communications and marketing programs in support of departmental and broader CESO objectives. The C&E Officer will support the implementation of a variety of projects and programs from conception through to execution. The C&E Officer will also take a key role in connecting inter-office activities and ensuring seamless client and volunteer advisor service. The position will be located in CESO’s Toronto or Montreal office. French language skills are considered an asset but not required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Collaboratively responsible for the development of creative and effective content for web, social media, blogs, email, newsletters, print collateral, to reach and connect with target audiences.
2. Maintain and monitor the organization’s online presence, including content curation for website and social media channels, tracking metrics and optimizing SEO.
3. Compile and draft CESO’s monthly newsletter, with input from several departments and stakeholders; prepare content for brochures, reports and various projects.
4. Work collaboratively across internal CESO teams, departments and individuals to build effective relationships, identify opportunities where communications, outreach and engagement can support activities, and develop strong messaging across appropriate channels.
5. Take ownership over specific recurring and new communications and/or engagement-related programs, campaigns and/or projects, including project management.
6. Contribute to the planning and execution of CESO events, including event management and event oversight, as well as measuring the event outcomes.
7. Organize issue-based campaigns such as events, online advocacy, media outreach and advertisements, aligned with departmental and organizational goals, including those relating to relevant international/national observance days, such as International Development Week and National Indigenous Day.
8. Support the Senior Communications Manager in the coordination of public speaking and/or special activities of CESO CEO & President, Board of Directors, Senior Leadership Team (SLT), CESO staff and volunteers.
9. Assist in government relations efforts and activities, including organization of specific engagement opportunities, and other tasks as determined.
10. Play a key role in the development of donor relations communications and marketing strategies and tactics, including supporting the Senior Communications Manager in developing an overall donor relations and communications strategy.
11. Support the C&E team in the planning and execution of media relations and PR activities, including developing media relationships, proactive outreach, developing media relations, coordinating editorial coverage, and measuring outcomes. May include third-party liaison.
12. Supports the implementation of CESO’s brand style, voice and best practices for all communications, providing branding leadership and support to the broader CESO organization and community.
13. Collaborate with other civil society organizations on campaigns and events, as appropriate.
14. Continually research best practices, trends, and new strategies. Take initiative in identifying innovative communications and marketing activities to effectively engage CESO audiences.