Position: Career Integration Officer
Employer: Youth Challenge International
Deadline: June 8, 2018
Employment Type: Internship
Position Level: Entry Level
Closing Date: June 8, 2018
Why is Youth Challenge International the place to be?
YCI designs global development solutions that create the conditions for youth to thrive and prosper. YCI’s programs use creative approaches to equip young people with the tools, experience, knowledge and networks to build sustainable livelihoods.
We are seeking passionate, creative, and highly adaptable young people, between the ages of 19-30, who are up for a challenge. Do you believe that youth (including yourself!) are powerful agents of change that have the power to transform lives and communities? If so, this position may be for you!
During your International Internship, you’ll be working with our awesome partner EDC. Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, EDC has been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
What you’ll do:
• Conduct a needs assessment in the areas of career guidance and professional integration
• Advise on strategic orientations in terms of career guidance and professional integration support for new graduates
• Collaborate with stakeholders to lead the design of an innovative career guidance system for students
• Coordinate and evaluate the career guidance system’s implementation
• Design an active information and communication plan for trainings for Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) schools
• Develop and manage partnerships with training and employment stakeholders such as consular chambers, private sector, regional authorities, etc.
• Contribute to the development of a monitoring program on issues of vocational guidance, employability and youth employment.
• Contribute to the development gender sensitive training guides and pedagogical documents on career guidance and professional integration.
• Data collection and analysis of graduate’s educational background and professional integration.
• Support in facilitating gender sensitive career guidance and professional integration training sessions
• Supervise professional integration support calls which include local NGOs, schools, governments and entrepreneurship clubs in the organization
• Attend open days/job fairs/visits to companies to share experience of role models among young male and female entrepreneurs.
You’ll fit right in if you have:
• Graduated from a post-secondary institution (required)
• Experience in collaborative work and design
• Understanding of various teaching + learning approaches
• Skilled in group facilitation
• Ability to develop and manage partnerships
• Capacity to translate orientation and professional integration objectives into relevant actions
• Ability to communicate with companies and partners
• Understanding of labor markets and career development for youth
• Exceptional writing skills and keen attention to detail
• Entrepreneurial self-starter with a hands-on approach
• Ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment
• Fluency/competency in French
• Ability to work with minimal supervision