Position: Business Analyst with Aspire
Employer: Engineers Without Borders
Location: Accra, Ghana
Deadline: February 16, 2018
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: February 16, 2018
Role: Business Analyst
Venture: Aspire Food Group Ghana
Location: Kumasi (with some work in Accra), Ghana
Start Date: Training beginning May 7th, departure for placement May 27th, 2018
Duration: 3 weeks of training in Toronto, 12 months in Ghana
This opportunity is with Aspire Food Group in Ghana, through Engineers Without Borders (EWB)'s Fellowship program. To read the full job description and apply, visit: https://www.ewb.ca/en/get-involved/apply-for-fellowships/
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Aspire Food Group is a social enterprise dedicated to the sustainable practice of farming edible insects. In Ghana, Aspire seeks to farm locally desired insects as a way to address food insecurity and malnutrition. Aspire farms the palm weevil larva, a local delicacy that has been traditionally hand-harvested from palm trees. In addition, Aspire has trained several hundred farmers in Southern and Central Ghana to farm their own larva as a source of household animal protein and as an opportunity for increased income.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Aspire Food Group is looking for an Excel-savvy, detail-oriented, adaptable analyst to identify further opportunities and future projects for Aspire Ghana. The business analyst’s role is to contribute to data collection, data analysis, evaluation and return on investment for different projections and protocols. The analyst would contribute to the strategy and future development of the organization.
The Business Analyst will report to the VP Finance and/or the President.
- Develop an intimate understanding of the financial and operational levers of Aspire Ghana’s operation
- Create and update models around different operational protocols and research insights
- Create and update models around special projects, investments and future plans
- Contribute to measurement and evaluation of different projects across the Company
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional or student with finance and/or operations management experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Significant experience with Excel and modelling
- Superb communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Hard working and passionate about social change
EWB is committed to diversity, and encourages applications from diverse candidates.
Please note: Applicants must be Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents, and hold an undergraduate degree or diploma.
To read the full job description and apply, visit: https://www.ewb.ca/en/get-involved/apply-for-fellowships/