Position: Bilingual Financial Analyst with LONO / Analyste financier bilingue avec LONO
Employer: Engineers Without Borders
Location: Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire
Deadline: February 16, 2018
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: February 16, 2018
Role: Bilingual Financial Analyst (French/English)
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Start Date: Training beginning May 7th 2018, departure for placement May 27th
Duration: 3 weeks of training in Toronto, 12 months in Côte d’Ivoire
This bilingual opportunity is with LONO in Cote D'Ivoire, through Engineers Without Borders (EWB)'s Fellowship program. Pour consultez le description d'emplois en francais, et pour poser votre candidate à la poste, visitez notre site web: https://www.ewb.ca/en/get-involved/apply-for-fellowships/
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
LONO is a waste-to energy company with the main objective to recover maximum value from organic residue produced from agriculture and agro-processing in Côte d’Ivoire. We do so in two ways:
- Applying anaerobic digestion to extract energy and high quality organic fertilizer.
- Introducing an electronic wallet (“bio-credit”) used to exchange organic waste for fertilizer and/or energy.
The technology used is decentralized, modular, container-based plants that apply the best available technology to extract the energy and minerals from the waste. The process starts with the feasibility study necessary to propose the most productive solution and may result in the installation and commissioning of an anaerobic digestion plant.
ABOUT THE ROLE
LONO is seeking a financial analyst to support LONO in the design and implementation of the electronic wallet and a trading platform relying on a blockchain backbone. Secondly, the financial analyst will be encouraged to contribute in the financial optimization of the various waste-to-energy projects currently at the feasibility study phase. The aim is to guarantee with sufficient certainty the economic profitability of new projects and participate in the funding applications. We believe that this role will be crucial for the sustainable growth of LONO by maximizing the reach of the “bio-credit” trading platform.
As a Financial analyst for LONO, your responsibilities will include:
- Assessing and formulating the rules for a bio-credit blockchain market.
- Financial assessment of economic potential of “bio-credit” for non-fertilizer and energy applications such as money transfer and E-billing.
- Performing financial assessment for industrial waste-to-energy projects
- Preparation of funding applications for industrial waste-to-energy projects
- You have a degree in accounting, finance, economics or related field (Master’s degree preferred);
- You have a good knowledge of trading and stock markets;
- Fluent in either English or French, working knowledge of the other language is an advantage;
- You have a strong analytical and problem-solving ability;
- You like working in a dynamic start-up environment and are able to work independently.
- Previous experience of blockchain technology or cryptocurrency markets;
- Good knowledge of foreign currency markets;
- Fluent in French (please see French job description below)
EWB is committed to diversity, and encourages applications from diverse candidates.
Please note: Applicants must be Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents, and hold an undergraduate degree or diploma.
Pour consultez le description d'emplois en francais, et pour poser votre candidate à la poste, visitez notre site web: https://www.ewb.ca/en/get-involved/apply-for-fellowships/