Nature-Based Solutions, Climate Resilience, and the SDGs
Learn about nature-based solutions for climate resilience.
On June 23, Aga Khan Foundation Canada will welcome a panel of experienced practitioners who will discuss the imperative of using nature-based solutions to address climate change and biodiversity loss and share examples of ongoing initiatives and available resources that organizations can draw on to strengthen their own work in this area.
The event will include breakout sessions with each panelist, please specify your preference for breakout sessions as you fill out the registration. Further details are available here.
Key Information for Attendees
- When you register, please indicate your interest to attend in-person at the Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat or to attend online (Zoom) by selecting the relevant ticket option.
- Please note that a proof of vaccination will be required to join in person.
In-person attendees are welcome to arrive by 8:40am, to network and enjoy light refreshments.
The discussion will be moderated by Patricia Fuller, Senior Fellow at the University of Ottawa’s Graduate School of Public and International Affairs and former Climate Ambassador for the Government of Canada. Panelists will include:
- Didier Van Bignoot, Global Advisor, Sustainable Agriculture, Food Security & Climate, AKDN
- Benjamin Simmons, Director, Nature Based Infrastructure (NBI) Global Resource Center / IISD
- Jimena Eyzaguirre, International Team Director & Climate Change Adaptation Lead, ESSA Technologies.