Masks of Manipulation
This two-part, online workshop will introduce you to the “Masks of Manipulation,” a unique character development and conflict-resolution process designed by Simon Malbogat.
Title: Masks of Manipulation
Dates: Saturday October 16th, and Saturday October 23rd, 2021
Times: 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM (ET)
Location: Online via Zoom (link will be sent after receipt of payment)
- General: $220 + HST
- CAEA, student, and those identifying as underwaged: $165 + HST
- Limited PWYC payment options available
Facilitator: Simon Malbogat
Registration Link: https://forms.gle/dih1dBoE2UyN1NJK9
This two-part workshop will introduce participants to the “Masks of Manipulation,” an invaluable character development and conflict-resolution process designed by Simon Malbogat. Each mask relates to seven different emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual manipulative forces we encounter both onstage and in daily life.
In this workshop you will…
- Learn how to identify various manipulative personas and de-escalate them effectively
- Learn how the masks of manipulation techniques can help communities identify and articulate the oppressive forces in their lives
- Use these personas to create authentic oppressive characters for the stage grounded in these manipulative forces
This workshop draws on Commedia dell’Arte-inspired masks to help participants acquire a deeper awareness of manipulation and oppression: how and why it happens, what it looks and feels like, and how to deflect it.
Masks of Manipulation can be useful for those working as theatre artists, educators, and in helping community members overcome challenging social issues.
Email email@example.com with any questions.
Note: The workshop sessions will be videorecorded for internal, archival purposes. If we ever intend to use footage from the sessions in public materials, we will seek explicit permission from attendees.Register