Workshop: Public Engagement Strategy in Toronto
The City of Toronto is partnering with Public Agenda to host a public engagement workshop on Monday, Sept 24th. They have many municipal leaders signed up but would love more community members to participate.
“Looking for assistance with organizing and sustaining productive public engagement? Struggling to decide how to use online engagement tools? Frustrated with the standard “2 minutes at the microphone” public meeting? Need expert advice on bringing together a diverse critical mass of people?
Who: Leaders looking to revamp or strengthen their engagement strategy
Date: Monday, September 24, 2018
Time: 9:30 a.m.– 5:00 p.m. EST
Location: Northern District Library
On September 24, Public Agenda’s Matt Leighninger and Nicole Cabral will:
– Provide an overview of the strengths and limitations of public engagement today;
– Help you assess the strengths and weaknesses of public engagement in your community;
– Explore potential benefits of more sustained forms of participation;
– Demonstrate a mix of small group and large group discussions, interactive exercises, case studies and practical application exercises;
– Develop skills for planning stronger engagement systems;
– List existing community assets that can be instrumental for sustained engagement;
– Anticipate common challenges to planning for stronger systems;
– Develop an initial set of next steps to pursue.
Questions about this workshop? Contact the Public Engagement team at email@example.comRegister