Position: Volunteer Engagement Lead
Employer: Youth Challenge International
Location: Ottawa preferred, can be based in Toronto or Montreal
Deadline: October 30, 2017
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: October 30, 2017
Company Name: Youth Challenge International
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: As soon as possible
Working Location: Ottawa preferred, can be based in Toronto or Montreal
Schedule: Full-time contract
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Whether you’re an experienced Canadian looking to put your skills into action for youth development, or a young person in an EQWIP HUBs country looking for a program to prepare you for the future – we have opportunities for you.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
The Volunteer Engagement Lead, reporting to the Deputy Director, will ensure the development and provision of high quality program services ensuring an effective and successful engagement of Canadian volunteers in the program in each of the project 6 countries: Indonesia, Senegal, Ghana, Tanzania, Peru and Bolivia. Working collaboratively as part of the Program Team, s/he is a key resource for volunteer engagement and management for the Ottawa team and country offices. The Volunteer Engagement Lead will support country offices to ensure that volunteers contribute to the delivery of the project and its intended outcomes and provide oversight to the public engagement of returned volunteers. She/he will establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with all project staff.
• Lead the development and implementation of comprehensive and consistent systems, processes and tools related to volunteer’s management
• Lead annual volunteers’ placement planning process and ongoing review, including development and revision of position descriptions
• Manage placement recruitment tracking and update key recruitment priorities and messaging in close collaboration with relevant project teams
• Review and revise volunteer orientation continuum from application to post return
• Lead development of a volunteer management manual for country offices that includes reference tools, policies and procedures
• Develop and implement a monitoring and support plan for country offices to ensure ongoing capacity building related to volunteers’ engagement and management
• Lead monthly global volunteer management meetings to share information and facilitate best practice sharing across country offices
• Assist country offices in review and revision of country risk assessments and development of safety and security plans, and provide support with incident management
• Establish and maintain system for storage and sharing of volunteer information
• Define and implement a volunteer debrief process
• Provide oversight and support to ACGC in implementing the volunteer public engagement strategy for the project
• Provide input and support M&E activities including work planning and annual reporting
• Facilitate staff training and capacity building as needed to introduce new tools and processes
• Collaborate with talent acquisition, communications and CWY and YCI teams to establish process for volunteer re-entry and management of public engagement activities
• Act as central resource for volunteer engagement and volunteer management providing guidance to staff in Canada and country offices
• Must be eligible to work in Canada
• University degree or equivalent education in a relevant field of study
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in international development and/or volunteer management
• Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
• Ability to manage competing priorities, work with deadlines and schedules
• Energetic and collaborative spirit, with the ability to work independently and take initiative
• Excellent organizational and time management skills and strong attention to detail
• English fluency required, French and Spanish language skills an asset
Deadline to apply: Friday, October 30th, 2017 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Volunteer Engagement Lead” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.