Position: Vocational Orientation Advisor
Employer: Cuso International
Location: La Paz, Bolivia
Deadline: April 13, 2018
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: April 13, 2018
Location La Paz, Bolivia
Start Date Feb - Apr 2018 (flexible)
Length of Placement 12 Months
Language Requirements Spanish, English
Please submit a Spanish Cover Letter and Statement of Interest
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
The Volunteer’s Role
Cuso International Bolivia is looking for a volunteer like you to support the Youth Employment Centre (CJE) of La Paz in their outreach strategy to current and potential youth in need of their services.
The CJEs in Bolivia are modeled after the Carrefour Jeunesse Emploi of Gatineau, Quebec. These centers work towards the improvement of living conditions of youth in their communities, providing services such as vocational education, entrepreneurship guidance, job search and support, as well as many other services.
As the volunteer for this placement, you'll be working towards reaching youth between the ages of 15-30 by informing and guiding them on the services offered by the CJE, including training in technical and academic levels, motivating them to start their career plans.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Inform and guide youth at the CJE in the institutional policies and processes.
- Create and facilitate internal and external workshops in vocational education and training.
- Attend different employment-related fairs and events to reach different audiences.
- Aide the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor in the implementation of a monitoring & evaluation system.
- Support for any other additional activities when needed.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
-University Degree in International Development, Education, Sociology, Psychology; Bachelor of Social Work or other relevant areas
Essential Professional Background:
- Experience working with youth in public or private institutions
- Experience in workshop facilitation or interactive/participation methods
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation