Position: Sales Advisor - Volunteer in Nicaragua
Employer: Cuso International
Location: Condega, Nicaragua
Deadline: April 11, 2018
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: April 11, 2018
Location Condega, Nicaragua
Start Date Mar - May 2018 (flexible)
Length of Placement 12 Months
Language Requirements Spanish
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
OCTUPAN is a community organization in Condega, who aims to accompany the families of small producer’s through a process of permanent reflection and organization with a strong focus on community equity. They work closely with the beneficiaries offering a wide range of support, with a very strong emphasis on gender and the environment as cross-cutting themes.
Cuso International has been collaborating in the last few years with OCTUPAN to support the work they do with youth and women entrepreneurs in the community. They deliver services to develop economic initiatives among these groups and they are looking for someone like you to grow their network of support!
As a Sales Advisor, you will bring your knowledge of business, marketing and sales to support the creation of new economic initiatives among youth and women in the community. You will help the organization with creating a development strategy that will ultimately lead these groups to having better access to markets. With your understanding of business planning, market analysis, and marketing, you will contribute positively to the growth of the community!
As a volunteer, you will:
- Strengthen the capacities of Octupan´s technical entrepreneurship services team to promote new economic initiatives.
- Women and youth entrepreneur groups reached by OCTUPAN strengthen their capacities and skills to develop, establish and manage sustainable businesses that respond to market needs.
- Strengthen the capacities of OCTUPAN technical team to undertake market studies to facilitate the commercialization of products and services offered by the beneficiaries´ businesses.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- University degree in business/ economic or related careers
Essential Professional Background:
- Experience related to business development.
- Experience of the formulation of business plans.
- Capacity to transfer knowledge to vulnerable groups.
- Awareness of natural resources conservation issues.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation