Position: Strategic Planning Advisor - volunteer in Guyana
Employer: Cuso International
Deadline: January 20, 2018
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: January 20, 2018
elp and Shelter is a long-standing nongovernment organization in Guyana. Though the organization continues to provide valuable services, a need exists to develop a strategic plan, which aligns the organization’s mission and vision with the current direction. In addition to developing a more strategic focus, the organization would also like to enhance its governance structure.
As such, a volunteer is being recruited to work with the organization to develop a five-year strategic plan and facilitate the improvement of the organization’s governance structures.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Develop an action plan for conducting strategic planning process.
- Conduct consultations with personnel, volunteers, and other key stakeholders, to obtain input on realistic opportunities for enhancing the efficiency and sustainability of Help and Shelter.
- Using input from consultations, develop the first draft of a strategic plan, obtain feedback from key personnel/stakeholders, and then produce the final strategic plan.
- Facilitate strategic planning training of key personnel, volunteers, and stakeholders.
- Work with key personnel, volunteers, and stakeholders to establish and document proper governance structures.
- Facilitate development of implementation plan to guide organization’s new strategic agenda.