Position: Social Media Officer
Location: Toronto, Montreal
Deadline: January 7, 2024
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: January 7, 2024
Reporting to the Marketing Manager your job will be to manage the execution of the Catalyste+ social media strategy across multiple platforms. Catalyste+ communicates the impacts of its projects, or what we call the Catalyste+ effect, almost exclusively through social media, using Linkedin, and Facebook. As a not-for-profit we treat our social media efforts as if they were paid social, relying on metrics and measurement to constantly update and improve performance. Your duties will be to significantly expand our follower base and engagement. This position can be in one of the following locations – ON, QC, BC, NWT.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee social media accounts and website content to engage existing and new audiences in Canada and in international program countries. This will include website content updates and uploading online assets.
- Write and curate information in posts.
- Collaborate with internal team members and stakeholders to ensure successful launch of social media marketing campaigns.
- Co-ordinate social media asset translation into several languages, using DEEPL and contracted translators.
- Manage marketing assets inventory: maintain records of changes, print requests and product updates to marketing material.
- Work with external vendors to ensure that our marketing collateral meets Accessibility Ontario Disability Act (AODA) requirements.
- Demonstrate initiative to improve internal processes and procedures.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams.
- Implement and manage search engine optimization (SEO), social media policies and best practice guidelines.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Post-secondary education in marketing, business, communication-related field
- 2+ years of experience in marketing promotion role
- Very strong organizational skills and a high attention to detail
- You thrive on small details and have the ability to prioritize tasks from numerous projects simultaneously.
- Compile and record metrics from multiple websites.
- Excellent relationship building skills; must be able to consult, influence and negotiate with people from diverse backgrounds and levels throughout the organization.
- Proficient at adapting to changing tools and platforms in the work environment.
- Sound understanding of the principles of digital marketing compliance such as CASL and AODA.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Rewarding and meaningful work environment
- Work/Life balance; remote or hybrid work and flexible schedules
- Comprehensive Health Benefits plan
- Mental Health & Wellness Programs
- Generous employer matched pension plan
- Internal training & development events
- Mentorship program
- Innovative, collaborative & creative work environment
- Competitive base salary
- General time-off policies
- Holiday office closure
- Value diversity and inclusiveness
Please forward your resume, cover letter, including salary expectations, with Social Media Officer in the subject line to:
Jennifer Rovet, Recruitment Manager
Application deadline: January 7, 2024
Catalyste+ is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In the spirit of peace, friendship and respect, we recognize that our work takes place on traditional Indigenous territories across Canada. We also wish to acknowledge that the Catalyste+ office in Toronto is located on the traditional Indigenous territory of the Huron-Wendat, Haudenosaunee, the Anishnabeg, the Chippewa and the territory of the Mississaugas of the New Credit. In Montreal, our office is located on the unceded territory of the Kanien’kehá:ka.