Position: Senior Programs Officer
Employer: Fora: Network for Change
Deadline: June 22, 2022
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Senior
Salary Range: 55000
Closing Date: June 22, 2022
Position: Senior Programs Officer
Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Full-time
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Closing date: The deadline for applications to be submitted is June 22nd, 11:59 EDT.
Salary: $55,000 + $50/month mobile stipend (as this position is funded by a restricted grant, the salary is fixed)
Benefits: Health & Dental Benefits provided after 3 months’ probation
Vacation: Three weeks (15 days) paid vacation per calendar year, prorated for part years
Application method: Answers to questions + resume. See instructions below.
All candidates must be legally able to work in Canada and available for occasional travel domestically and internationally. Candidates must be available for occasional evenings and weekends. Lieu time off is provided for time worked outside of business hours.
The Senior Programs Officer is a key member of our Programs and Advocacy Team. We are looking for someone who is deeply committed to the vision laid out in the Fora strategic plan and who is eager to play an important role in our work to advance the full participation of young women in decision-making spaces and to change the status quo around the world. This position reports to the Director of Programs and Advocacy and has one direct report: the Girls on Boards Project Coordinator.
The scope of this role includes:
• Develop and ensure smooth processes that allow Girls on Boards (GB) to run efficiently and ensuring all moving parts work together seamlessly
• Serve as the lead on a feasibility study to assess the ability to scale the GB program
• Serve as the lead on planning and approving communications with all program participants, planning curriculum, and working with project coordinator to address any issues with participants as they arrive
• Lead recruitment campaigns for the GB program to be executed by Programs Coordinator and Communications Officer
• Provide support as needed to Young Directors in their board placements, special projects, training, and mentoring
• Lead on planning GB-related events, including: trainings, meet ups, and the annual 2-day Forum
• Support the Director of Programs and Global Engagement on Summit-related events, including: recruitment, trainings, project-design, and week-long Summit
• Lead logistics for the GB program, including travel with coordination support from Programs Coordinator
• Support Director with engaging and directly liaising with the GB Steering Committee on program design, feedback, and other support
• Serve as the first point of contact for all program participants on interpersonal challenges
• Support the team in booking vendors and preparing vendors for workshops and other organizational needs
• Support Director on Monitoring and Evaluation of programs through survey preparation, liaising with consultants, and preparing and reviewing reports.
• Serve as the lead on Monitoring and Evaluation of the GB project
• First point of contact for boards, coaches, and mentors for all programs
• Lead on scaling the Girls on Boards program, including implementing a beta test program design • Use Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and other project management tools to maintain clear and organized documentation and basic data management
• Assist in the preparation of interim reports for donors, Fora: Network for Change’s Board of Directors, Directors & CEO, and others as they arise
• Provide insights into overall program strategy of the organization
• Assist in writing grants for institutional donors, including government and foundations • Assist in coordination of external communications, including: working with the Communications team to develop Programs web and social media content; working with the Fund and Development Officer to contribute newsletter content
• Support the Fundraising and Communications teams in the creation of materials to raise money from public, private, and/or individual donors
• Contribute strategically by recording and reporting on your learnings, best practices and recommended iterations
• Contribute to the organizational workplan by thinking through each project’s timelines and workback plans
• Manage and maintain program-related records regularly on Fora’s Salesforce.
• You are intersectional in your approach to gender equality, leadership development and social change; you are not comfortable with the status quo and are open and responsive to calls for change.
• Sensitivity working with women and gender-diverse youth (ages 18-25) from a diversity of communities and countries.
• Engaged in the non-profit sector and women’s rights, gender equality, and 2SLGBTQ+ sectors.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills to respond to program and advocacy issues and opportunities with partners (international and domestic), community members, and funders across multiple sectors with tact and diplomacy
• Innovative and solutions-focused.
• Experience managing employees prioritizing equity and growth.
• Experience writing successful grant applications for governments and foundations.
• Experience scaling programs
• Tech-savvy and comfortable using a range of digital project management tools and communication tools, including: Office 365, Asana, social media and Whatsapp, etc.
• Expertise in project management principles and methodologies to manage the delivery of plans, initiatives and goals.
• Exceptional professional written skills and are able to produce project status reports for internal and external stakeholders.
The deadline for applications to be submitted is Wednesday, June 22nd at 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time. If you have any inquiries that are not covered in this job description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please answer questions and submit your application here: https://airtable.com/shr47RMiz505S0KD2
Please note the application requires uploading a resume in a PDF document with the following title ‘Last name_First name_Senior Programs Officer.