Position: Recruitment Assistant
Employer: Canada World Youth / Jeunesse Canada Monde
Deadline: March 7, 2018
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Entry Level
Closing Date: March 7, 2018
Company Name: Canada World Youth
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: As soon as possible
Working Location: 939 Somerset Street W. Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 6R8, Canada
Schedule: Full-time contract
Salary: $34,587.52 according to the Collective Agreement
Benefits Package: Group insurance, RRSP
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Whether you’re an experienced Canadian looking to put your skills into action for youth development, or a young person in an EQWIP HUBs country looking for a program to prepare you for the future – we have opportunities for you.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
The Recruitment Assistant, reporting to the Talent Acquisition Team Lead, will be assisting the Recruitment Team in the recruitment of over 250 skilled Canadian volunteers per year, in accordance to local needs and funder’s requirements. S/he will take part in mainly clerical tasks that are included in the implementation of continuous networking and sourcing practices to maintain an active pipeline of qualified Canadian youth volunteers.
• Participate in the recruitment of suitably qualified Canadian volunteers by assisting the recruitment team in related tasks
• Coordinate all volunteer travel and liaison with travel service provider
• Produce reports related to intake and volunteer pre-program preparation
• Provide support to the delivery of pre-departure orientation for volunteers
• Organize the preparation for Canadian volunteers using online and off-line tools for pre-departure training
• Prepare and update the volunteers’ documents and tools
• Assist the recruitment team with all tasks related to recruitment and database management
• Performs other duties as delegated by the Talent Acquisition Manager
• English and French fluency required; Spanish language skills an asset
• University degree in a related discipline
• 2 to 4 years of experience in recruitment
• Attention to detail and ability to perform clerical tasks in an efficient way
• Solid knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suites
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with diplomacy and tact with staff at all levels
• Accuracy in working with large amounts of data
• Ability to manage competing priorities, work with deadlines and schedules
• Energetic and collaborative spirit, with the ability to work independently and take initiative
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be eligible to work in Canada
Deadline to apply: Wednesday March 7th, 2018 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Recruitment Assistant” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.