Position: International Placement Opportunities
Employer: EQWIP HUBs
Location: Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal, Tanzania
Deadline: March 19, 2018
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Entry Level
Closing Date: March 19, 2018
Are you ready to be a global innovator? We're looking for exceptional volunteers who are:
* Ready to live and volunteer in Peru, Bolivia, Ghana, Senegal, Tanzania or Indonesia
* Excited to embark on a 3-month or 12-month placement
* Fluent in English or Spanish or French
* Volunteer Opportunities starting May 2018, June 2018, July 2018, September 2018
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
EQWIP HUBs is a network of 18 global youth innovation spaces powered by Canada World Youth and Youth Challenge International that propel #YouthForward.
EQWIP HUBs is a new way of approaching long-term sustainable development.
It's a network of 18 youth innovation spaces called 'EQWIP HUBs,' where youth - especially women - come together to develop market-relevant skills, build networks, learn from mentors, and access technology. Located in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, they are places where the passions and determination of young people are transformed into the confidence and abilities that will allow them to access employment or entrepreneurship and take control of their own futures.
Together, we're on a mission to propel 100,000 #YouthForward by 2020.
EQWIP HUBs is generously funded by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada.
BENEFITS OF BEING AN EQWIP HUBs VOLUNTEER
More than just a placement, EQWIP HUBs provides an opportunity to expand your leadership skills and develop your network. An EQWIP HUBs placement offers:
* Immersive Living: EQWIP HUBs volunteers will live in the heart of local communities.
* Allowance: Every EQWIP HUBs volunteer receives international travel and a modest allowance to help cover daily costs including accommodation, meals, transportation and communication.
* Safety First: Safety is our top priority, and medical and security insurance are provided
We recognize that certain competencies help to make a volunteer successful. We look for and promote the following competencies for all our volunteer placements:
* Ability to work effectively within cross-cultural teams
* Ability to think creatively and to solve practical problems
* Flexibility and adaptability
* Cross cultural awareness and competency