Position: Public Relations And Communications Advisor
Employer: Cuso International
Location: Assosa, Ethiopia
Deadline: October 1, 2018
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: October 1, 2018
12 Months | Start Date between Aug-Oct 2018
The Volunteer’s Role
To Improve partner’s capacity to strengthening the organization's public relations as well as the diffusion of the organization's objectives and outcomes and to improve the effectiveness of Benishangul-Gumuz Regional Health Bureau in providing quality health services. Hence, through capacity building and gap analysis, this post holder (the volunteer) will work with the regional health bureau members and different departments of the bureau and provide the health workers with technical support (training, mentoring, capacity building activities) to deliver relevant and engaging health services, improving client satisfaction and helping increase the bureaus’ service delivery.
As a volunteer, you will:
-Lead in the establishment & development of communication materials & strategies for the organization
-Facilitate the creation and management of communications content of the bureau in different lines of action to maintain their media up to date (webpage etc).
-Provide support on the development of communication guides to be used by staff of the bureau
-Support the development of proposals and presentations that communicate the mission and vision of the organization to support resource mobilization activities.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Degree in relevant area (communications, media, Journalism, publishing or marketing, graphic design)
-Courses, certification in communications, marketing, public relations for a development/ community-based organization
Essential Professional Background:
-Experience in capacity building, training and mentoring;
-Strong observation and analytical skills;
-Excellent verbal and communication skills;
-Expert in communications with graphic design experience, social media management and digital marketing.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months