Position: People and Culture (Human Resources) Assistant
Employer: Canadian Feed the Children
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Deadline: June 23, 2023
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Mid Level
Salary Range: $45,000-$50,000
Closing Date: June 23, 2023
Title: People and Culture Assistant
Type: Permanent, Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Salary: $45,000 - $50,000
Location: Ontario (Remote)
Canadian Feed the Children’s vision is a world in which children thrive, free of poverty. For over 25 years, CFTC has been working with local partners in Uganda, Ethiopia, Ghana, Bolivia, and with 31 Indigenous communities in Canada, to deliver programs that have positive, meaningful, and sustained impact on the health, education and well-being of children and the self-sufficiency of their families and communities. If you share our passion for bettering children’s lives, and you thrive in a collaborative, values-based culture please consider applying for this role.
About this Opportunity
Canadian Feed the Children (“CFTC”) is seeking a highly skilled, tech-savvy, collaborative, and organized individual to join our team as a People and Culture Assistant. In this role, you will provide exceptional administrative and technical support to the People and Culture department across various critical areas, including orientation and onboarding, recruitment, health and safety, employee engagement and organizational development, diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as learning and development. You will also provide some administrative and governance support.
As a People and Culture Assistant, you will be instrumental in the smooth day-to-day operations of the department. You will offer comprehensive administrative assistance, ensuring strict confidentiality in tasks such as preparing employment letters, managing employee files, and efficiently scheduling and organizing meetings and events. Your active involvement in the full cycle recruitment process and meticulous maintenance of data integrity in the HRIS database will be vital to the success of the department. Your strong technical proficiency, particularly in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint), will enable you to effectively manage and analyze critical People and Culture data. With a focus on delivering exceptional client service, you will exercise sound judgment and work independently, effectively handling various administrative HR activities.
In addition to providing administrative support, you will play a pivotal role in the onboarding and orientation of new staff, leveraging your skills to create and analyze reports, forms, and spreadsheets. Your contribution to continuous improvement efforts and your dedication to fostering a respectful and inclusive culture will further strengthen the organization's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
To excel in this role, you must demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills and a strong commitment to providing high-quality client service. Effective communication will be essential in ensuring the success of the People and Culture department.
If you are a self-motivated individual with outstanding administrative and technical skills and are passionate about supporting the growth and development of an organization dedicated to making a positive impact, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity with CFTC.
• Provide comprehensive assistance with day-to-day operations of the People and Culture department and Board governance.
• Maintain confidentiality while offering administrative support, such as preparing employment confirmation letters, data entry, and managing employee files and documents, scheduling meetings, managing calendars, and organizing P&C-related events or workshops.
• Support full cycle recruitment processes and onboarding and orientation procedures for new staff.
• Ensure data integrity and accurately maintain HRIS database records.
• Contribute to employee engagement initiatives, recognition programs, and social events.
• Assist in implementing and rolling out new and existing People and Culture Programs.
• Participate in the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) and support health and safety activities.
• Provide administrative support to the Executive Assistant and Board Governance Coordinator such as meeting coordination, minute taking, data entry, management of project schedules, preparing correspondence, presentations, reports and memos.
• Create and analyze reports, forms, spreadsheets, and general correspondence.
• Contribute to continuous improvement activities for streamlining processes and tools.
• Foster a respectful and inclusive culture at CFTC and support Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts.
• Conduct research on People and Culture best practices. Prepare and present reports.
• Assist with the development and updating of employee policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Assist in conducting employee surveys and feedback sessions to gather insights and make recommendations for improvement.
• Support the coordination and delivery of training and development programs for employees.
• Contribute to the creation and maintenance of P&C metrics and analytics to measure the effectiveness of P&C programs and initiatives.
• Assist in conducting exit interviews and analyze data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
• Provide support in handling employee relations matters, including conflict resolution and performance management.
• Assist with benefits administration, including enrollment, changes, and inquiries.
• Support the P&C team in preparing for and coordinating HR-related audits or inspections.
• Support the P&C team in maintaining and updating the employee handbook and other P&C-related documentation.
• Contribute to the maintenance of the P&C department's budget and monitor expenses. Prepare monthly invoices.
• Collaborate with external vendors and service providers to ensure smooth P&C operations.
• Continuously seek opportunities to improve P&C processes, streamline workflows, and enhance overall efficiency.
• Perform additional duties as required.
• Post-secondary education in Human Resources or a related discipline.
• 2 or more years of experience in human resources and administrative support.
• Previous non-profit and/or international development experience is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Forms, PowerPoint) is required.
• Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
• Experience with BambooHR is a plus.
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities with sound decision-making skills.
• Strong organizational and planning skills, along with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Willingness to work flexible hours as required.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain confidentiality. D
• Demonstrated adherence to CFTC values in all aspects of work.
• Ability to multitask and handle multiple requests simultaneously.
• Self-motivated and capable of working independently.
• Proven experience in managing agendas.
• Highly tactful and diplomatic, with the ability to interact professionally with various stakeholders while maintaining discretion.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on the below link before June 23, 2023.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, please apply as soon as possible.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. The position will remain open until the successful candidate has been selected.
Canadian Feed the Children (CFTC) is committed to inclusive, accessible and barrier-free employment practices and to creating a workplace that reflects and supports the diversity of our community. We encourage and welcome applications from qualified applicants including members of racialized groups, Indigenous Peoples, women, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please let us know if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to ensure a barrier-free hiring process. For further information about Accessibility or Accommodation process at CFTC, please contact our People and Culture Department.