Position: Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer
Location: Toronto, Montreal
Deadline: August 22, 2022
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: August 22, 2022
The Officer, Monitoring, Evaluations & Learning (MEL) provides technical expertise and support to strengthen the application of CESO’s MEL system. Reporting to the MEL Manager the individual will support program staff and volunteers to design strategy & plan activities, and implement a robust results-based management system with aim to prove and improve results from CESO projects. This position is remote and can be based in either the following provinces/territories: Ontario, Quebec, British Columbia & North-West Territories.
- Supports the application of CESO’s MEL system, working in collaboration with staff and volunteers in different departments and time zones;
- Provides guidance and technical expertise to project team to ensure consistent application of MEL tools, templates and processes in alignment with the DCED Standards of results measurement;
- Supports the program team collect data to capture project activities, outputs and outcomes;
- Processes, analyzes and consolidates data (qualitative and quantitative) to generate high quality insights to support management decision making in the project;
- Provides necessary assistance in timely development of high-quality case studies, annual report, annual work plan, special studies and other documents in response to routine and ad-hoc needs of internal and external stakeholders;
- Supports management of CESO’s database and ensures integrity of data related to project results.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- University degree or college diploma in a related field
- Technical skills in evaluation and research methodologies, including results-based management, evidence-based planning, quantitative and qualitative methods, gender-based analysis, environmental analysis and participatory evaluations
- Strong understanding of gender sensitive value chain analysis
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills
- Work experience with an international development organization
- Ability to work independently and communicate well with remote-located staff
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to persuade and articulate results to stakeholders
- Superior written communication and experience preparing reports for Government funders
- Ability/skill to deal with sensitive issues in a diplomatic fashion
- Full fluency in French and English (written and oral) required (expert or advanced level in both languages)
- Fluency in Spanish (written and oral) an asset
Please forward your resume and cover letter with MEL Officer in the subject line to:
Jennifer Rovet, Recruitment Manager
Application deadline: August 22, 2022
CESO is an equal opportunity employer.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.