Position: Local Volunteering Advisor
Employer: Cuso International
Location: Lima, Peru
Deadline: July 20, 2018
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: July 20, 2018
Start Date Jun - Aug 2018 (flexible)
Length of Placement 12 Months
Language Requirements Spanish
Please submit a Spanish Cover Letter and Statement of Interest
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
The Volunteer’s Role
Volunteers are an important resource for organizations and work willingly to better their own communities. This is such an important part of Canadian culture. This is why we are looking for someone like you to transfer your experience to support NGOs in the development of volunteering programs.
You will use your professional skills to design and create local volunteering programs tailored to the specific needs of three Cuso International partners.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Determine volunteer needs according to a strategic assessment of external conditions of each of the partners involved in the placement.
- Design volunteer models according to the needs of each partner.
- Train staff on volunteer management and define responsibilities of volunteers in each partner organization.
- Evaluate the results of initial lessons learned and write a document with recommendations for each of the volunteering programs.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Diploma in social sciences, humanities or human resources.
Essential Professional Background:
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Experience managing multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience working with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation