Position: Knowledge Management Specialist
Employer: Cuso International
Location: Comayaguela, Honduras
Deadline: October 15, 2019
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: October 15, 2019
Start Date Aug - Oct 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 7 Months
Language Requirements English, Spanish
The Volunteer’s Role
As the Knowledge Management Specialist, you will use your technical skills to support the Instituto Nacional de la Mujer (INAM) staff in the area of knowledge and database management to improve how information is saved and retrieved. You will work with INAM staff to develop procedures, guidelines, and tools for compiling, storing, measuring, analyzing, reporting volunteer data. The expectation of this role will be the enhancement of how INAM monitors and evaluates the impact it is making through its activities.
The ideal candidate will also possess an interest in supporting female empowerment through improved gender equality & social inclusion. INAM is an autonomous institution focused on coordinating advocacy work related to female issues and their barriers to economic growth. If you are passionate about women’s issues and would like to support INAM’s important mandate, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Be part of this initiative by sharing your knowledge management skills, and let’s make a difference together!
As a volunteer, you will:
- Review and familiarize yourself with INAM’s existing knowledge & database management practices
- Assist INAM in developing systems, procedures, forms for collecting, storing, analyzing, measuring and reporting data
- Train and mentor INAM staff on effective data management
- Create a knowledge and database management manual for INAM staff
- Support in the delivery of workshops, networking events and activities of INAM.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
-University and/or College degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Business Administration Communications or another related field of study.
Essential Professional Background:
- 2-3 years’ professional experience working in database and knowledge management
- Understanding of participatory approaches and training skills
- Experience preparing professional documents and reports
- Experience supporting technical aspects of workshops, meetings, and training sessions
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for the pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation