Position: Junior Financial Analyst
Deadline: February 20, 2022
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: February 20, 2022
CESO is an international economic development organization growing sustainable, inclusive businesses, and strengthening government infrastructure. CESO deploys its experts to businesses, communities, governments and individuals around the world and in Canada.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Jr. Financial Analyst is responsible for the preparation of budgets, forecasts and variance analysis; development of consolidated financial statements; acts as the lead Finance team member in preparation of project budgets and supports the Finance team in performing general accounting procedures and processes. This position is a 16-month contract and currently remote due to COVID-19, with the possibility of returning to the office in Toronto.
- Performs general bookkeeping as part of the Finance team (e.g. processing accounts payable, prepares account analysis and reconciliations, contributes to month-end and year-end closing processes).
- Supports Director of Finance to prepare complete, accurate and timely monthly and annual financial statements and reporting packages for internal users as well as funders.
- Performs preliminary actual vs. budget analysis, and reviews/validates the analysis results with the Director of Finance and the appropriate parties.
- Undertakes research and financial analysis to support ongoing program development and learning.
- Supports Director of Finance to develop in conjunction with other staff, organizational and project budgets and forecasts.
- Ensures transactions are accounted for appropriately and in accordance with CESO financial policies, funders’ contracts and Canadian GAAP for not-for-profit organizations.
- Responds to internal inquiries with respect to financial matters as needed.
- Ensures adequate supporting documentation is maintained and filed for all accounting transactions.
- Assists with preparation and coordination of external audits.
- Participates in implementing and enforcing internal controls policies and procedures.
- Works with vendors/service providers to resolve billing issues.
- Proactively identify areas where process improvements and/or real savings may be realized.
- Performs other duties/special projects as assigned by the Director of Finance (e.g. prepare tax filings).
- Where requested, participates in and contributes to organizational initiatives such as process improvements.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Working towards an accounting designation (CPA) or relevant, equivalent experience
• 2 years of experience in accounting, preferably in the non-profit industry
• Very strong attention to detail and results-oriented (i.e. ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure)
• Ability to design, prepare and analyze financial reports
• Experience with or previous exposure to government contracts, an asset
• Flexibility and responsiveness to business and functional leaders for timely reporting
• Advanced Excel skills
• Experience with Quickbooks an asset
• Ideal candidate will be a team player, outgoing, energetic and a good communicator
• Bilingual – English / French is an asset
Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations with Jr. Financial Analyst in the subject line to:
Jennifer Rovet, Recruitment Manager
Application deadline: February 20, 2022
CESO is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.