Position: Human Resources Manager
Employer: World Renew
Location: Burlington, Ontario - CAD
Deadline: November 11, 2022
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Senior
Closing Date: November 11, 2022
This role ensures effective and efficient administration and delivery of Human Resources services for the management and staff of World Renew Canada, in alignment with World Renew’s global mission, strategy and values.
1. HR Operations Management:
· Ensure effectiveness and timeliness of day to day HR operations related to recruitment, onboarding, orientation, employee relations, retention/engagement, compensation, taxation, occupational health and safety, pay equity, HRIS and terminations
· Build and maintain a thorough understanding of the organization’s talent strategy needs, role requirements and qualifications, compensation practices
· Determine recruitment strategies for open and future roles and provide hands-on support and guidance in the recruitment process.
· Assist management and international employees with expatriate assignments, including international employment policies, benefits, and other HR matters
2. Employee Relations:
· Create an environment of positive employee relations; balance organizational needs with employee needs, establish trust and credibility with employees and be seen as approachable and fair.
· Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation to both employees and management
· Counsel and instruct supervisors on employee relations, performance management, staff development and record keeping
· Help ensure staff safety by carrying out assigned duties under the Crisis Management Policy
· Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues in consultation, as needed, with the International HR Director and the Executive Director of World Renew Canada
3. Legal Compliance & HR Best Practices:
· Maintain in-depth and up to date knowledge of legislation requirements related to day-to-day management of employees
· Ensure all human resources functions are in compliance with relevant legislation (e.g. Ontario, BC and Alberta) and tax and compensation laws
· Stay current and up to date with HR best practices
· Practice continuous improvement, improving processes and procedures based on feedback and lessons learned
4. Collaboration and Coordination
· Provide input to the International HR Director on global HR strategy, planning and policy
· Implement organizational culture and change initiatives under the direction of the International HR Director
· Maintain a healthy, collaborative working relationship with the US HR Manager and global HR Team to ensure consistency in practice and mutual support.
· Coordinate with counterparts in the CRCNA Canada HR and Payroll Offices to ensure effective and efficient delivery of HR services
5. Perform other duties as assigned
Human Resources Generalist