Position: GENDER EQUALITY OFFICER
Employer: Youth Challenge International
Deadline: April 30, 2019
Employment Type: Internship
Position Level: Entry Level
Closing Date: April 30, 2019
Youth Challenge International's (YCI) Innovate ME program focuses on career transformation and is designed to significantly enhance your employability in Canada and abroad, providing you with tools, resources, experience and coaching to take your career to the next level. This program is being implemented in partnership with Global Affairs Canada (GAC), and will provide you with employment training prior to departure, career coaching during your placement, and career transition support and networking opportunities upon your return.
Duration: 6 months
Language requirements: Fluent in English + French
Upcoming departure dates: May 5, 2019
Deadline to apply: April 1, 2019
Why is Youth Challenge International the place to be?
YCI designs global development solutions that create the conditions for youth to thrive and prosper. YCI’s programs use creative approaches to equip young people with the tools, experience, knowledge and networks to build sustainable livelihoods.
We are seeking passionate, creative, and highly adaptable young people, between the ages of 19-30, who are up for this challenge. Do you believe that youth (including yourself!) are powerful agents of change that have the power to transform lives and communities? If so, this position may be for you!
During your International Internship, you’ll be working with our awesome partner EDC. Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, EDC has been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
What you’ll do:
• Work closely with senior project staff specifically the gender specialist
• Conduct research on gender issues in the development context
• Prepare workshop presentations and facilitate workshops
• Contribute to the drafting of reports related to the project gender work
• Attend gender-related meetings within the project and with project partners
• In close collaboration with the Gender Specialist, the Monitoring & Evaluation team and communications teams, coordinate the sharing of information related to gender work
• Translate research findings, write-ups, meeting notes, etc. from English to French and/or French to English
• Other duties as required, in collaboration with the Gender Specialist
You’ll fit right in if you have:
• Completion of a Bachelors Degree in international development, international affairs, gender studies or marketing and communications
• Advanced proficiency in standard software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, etc.)
• Demonstrated interest in the field of International Development
• Fluency in English and French (written and spoken)
• Excellent attention to detail
• Proven experience successfully managing competing proprieties
• Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views
• Specialized Knowledge/Skill: Possesses knowledge of international best practices on gender programing, project design, implementation, as well as excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills.
HOW TO APPLY: