Position: Fundraising Manager
Employer: Engineers Without Borders
Deadline: July 23, 2018
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Entry Level
Closing Date: July 23, 2018
Looking for a challenge? Jumpstart your professional development while working on the most complex problems in our world. Engineers Without Borders Canada is recruiting for 12-month placements with innovative startups in Kenya, Uganda, and Ghana.
This Fundraising Manager role is a 12-month contract with B Lab East Africa in Nairobi, Kenya.
About B Lab East Africa
B Lab East Africa is part of a global non-profit organisation that serves a global movement of people using business as a force for good. Launched in 2017, B Lab EA is working on creating the necessary infrastructure to inspire and enable a meaningful and lasting shift in the culture of business by:
1) Building a global community of credible leaders, called Certified B Corporations (“B Corps”), that meet the highest standards of performance, accountability and transparency. B Corps offer a viable alternative to the status quo and drive change through their collective voice.
2) Empowering millions of businesses to “Be Like a B Corp” in managing and governing their impact with the same care and rigor as their profits, through two initiatives: Measure What Matters and Mission Alignment.
3) Inspiring billions of people to support business as a force for good through a public engagement strategy that embraces new forms of storytelling and leverages our extensive data.
- Assist the Regional Director in developing materials to communicate strategic priorities and goals to prospective and current partners.
- Identify and research funding prospects including high net worth individuals, foundations, and development finance institutions.
- Identifying internal programs that relate to funder interest and working with internal management team to develop and share these programs.
- Developing pitch angles and designing accompanying visual presentations
- Writing grants with clear objectives, benchmarks, and deliverables that reflect the priorities and intentions of the B Lab EA team
- Information management related to caseload of funders
- Building relationships with the broader B Lab community (B Corporations, champions, and funders) to grow the network of possible partners.
- Timely and accurate grant reporting.
- Monitoring and evaluating progress toward goals, providing statistical reports, on an ongoing basis and as requested
- Passion for using business as a force for good and for the mission of B Lab
- 3-5 years’ experience in non-profit development cultivating strategic relationships and partnerships, preferably with foundations and family offices OR 3 - 5 years’ experience in grant making
- Exceptional writing, communication, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated relationship management and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to relate to donor prospects, potential sponsors, and colleagues.
- Meticulous organizational and time management skills.
- Detail-oriented individual who can execute on multiple projects concurrently in a fast paced environment
- Salesforce proficiency
- Advanced Excel skills
Please note: You must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or landed immigrant in order to apply. No exceptions.
The program is costs covered. All costs relating to the placement are either paid for directly by EWB (airfare, insurance, vaccinations, trainings) or indirectly through a living stipend, which covers basic living expenses (food, accommodation, local travel) for a modest lifestyle in your placement country. Fellows also receive an honorarium upon completing their 12 month contract, to assist with repatriation costs in Canada. While it is not likely that you will be able to use the stipend to cover previous expenses (ex. student loans), EWB will support you in extending the non-repayment period on student loans as much as possible.
Additionally, EWB offers a range of benefits including insurance, a settlement allowance, professional development opportunities, and more.
Ready to Apply?
Apply before Monday, July 23rd: https://www.ewb.ca/en/the-ewb-fellowship/