Position: Business Analyst
Employer: Engineers Without Borders
Deadline: July 23, 2018
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Entry Level
Closing Date: July 23, 2018
Looking for a challenge? Jumpstart your professional development while working on the most complex problems in our world. Engineers Without Borders Canada is recruiting for 12-month placements with innovative startups in Kenya, Uganda, and Ghana.
This Business Analyst role is a 12-month contract with Aspire Food Group in Kumasi, Ghana.
About Aspire Food Group
Aspire Food Group is a social enterprise dedicated to the sustainable practice of farming edible insects. In Ghana, Aspire seeks to farm locally desired insects as a way to address food insecurity and malnutrition. Aspire farms the palm weevil larva, a local delicacy that has been traditionally hand-harvested from palm trees. In addition, Aspire has trained several hundred farmers in Southern and Central Ghana to farm their own larva as a source of household animal protein and as an opportunity for increased income.
About the Role
Aspire Food Group is looking for an Excel-savvy, detail-oriented, adaptable analyst to identify further opportunities and future projects for Aspire Ghana. The business analyst’s role is to contribute to data collection, data analysis, evaluation, funding opportunity proposals, and return on investment evaluations for different projections and protocols. The analyst would contribute to the strategy and future development of the organization.
- Develop an intimate understanding of the financial and operational levers of Aspire Ghana’s operation
- Create and update models around different operational protocols and research insights
- Create and update models around special projects, investments and future plans
- Contribute to measurement and evaluation of different projects across the Company
-Prepare monthly and quarterly financial performance reports as needed
- Participate in the review of funding opportunities (ie. Grants) and contribute to proposals/applications as required
- Create materials and presentations to support fundraising efforts
- Contribute to strategic initiatives related to marketing, distribution, supply chain management
- Professional or student with finance and/or operations management experience
- Strong analytical and financial reporting skills
- Significant experience with Excel and modelling
- Experience with grants/awards/business case competitions is an asset
- Superb communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Hard working and passionate about social change
Please note: You must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or landed immigrant in order to apply. No exceptions.
The program is costs covered. All costs relating to the placement are either paid for directly by EWB (airfare, insurance, vaccinations, trainings) or indirectly through a living stipend, which covers basic living expenses (food, accommodation, local travel) for a modest lifestyle in your placement country. Fellows also receive an honorarium upon completing their 12 month contract, to assist with repatriation costs in Canada. While it is not likely that you will be able to use the stipend to cover previous expenses (ex. student loans), EWB will support you in extending the non-repayment period on student loans as much as possible.
Additionally, EWB offers a range of benefits including insurance, a settlement allowance, professional development opportunities, and more.
Ready to Apply?
Apply before Monday, July 23rd: https://www.ewb.ca/en/the-ewb-fellowship/