Position: Executive Director
Employer: Beautiful World Canada
Deadline: May 31, 2023
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Executive
Salary Range: $75,000-90,000
Closing Date: May 31, 2023
Beautiful World Canada is growing, and we are seeking an Executive Director to lead the organization to achieve ambitious strategic goals. The successful candidate will be an up-and-coming leader, with proven experience working with Government of Canada grants. They will bring the strong leadership required to grow the charity, along with passion for international development and helping vulnerable girls and women.
Fundraising and Leadership
• Partner with the Board of Directors in an overall leadership role, to develop and execute a 3-year strategic plan to achieve long-term financial sustainability and expand program impact.
• Create and lead all fundraising and development activities, including major gifts, grants, events, and corporate sponsorships with support from Board of Directors, and BWC staff.
• Report semi annually to Global Affairs Canada on existing grant, reports include program activities updates, financial reports, work plans and results-based management reports.
• Report regularly to the Board on activities of the organization; foster teamwork between BWC’s Board and BWC’s team (Canada team & local African partners).
• Identify and collaborate with key partners to achieve BWC’s strategic goals.
• Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external factors that affect the organization (e.g., legislation, policy, trends).
• Inspire, motivate, and provide direct support and manage BWC’s team (Program Officer in Canada and local African partner staff) to implement strategic and operational plans.
• Ensure BWC’s programs, social media content, and events meet the needs of the communities we serve.
• Manage programs with results-based management tools.
• Ensure local African partner NGOs and employee relationships are managed according to the provisions of applicable legislation, regulations, standards, Board policies, contracts, and agreements.
• Apply an entrepreneurial and continuous learning approach to BWC.
• Work with the Board to prepare annual operating budgets, a sound financial plan and secure adequate funding for the operations of the organization.
• Administer the funds of the organization according to the approved budget.
• Research previous fundraising efforts by studying literature from government funding sources, private foundations, corporate partners, and other contributors.
• Ensure all government filings and legal documentation are up to date and filed within timelines required.
• Lead all opportunities to apply for applicable grants and government funding.
• Minimum 3 years of progressive leadership experience with accountability for managing a growing a small organization.
• Proven track record developing and delivering fundraising strategies and campaigns and tactics.
• University and/or college level education with relevant experience.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills.