Position: Digital Knowledge Coordinator
Employer: Canada World Youth / Jeunesse Canada Monde
Location: Ottawa, ON
Deadline: September 14, 2017
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: September 14, 2017
Company Name: Canada World Youth
Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: As soon as possible
Working Location: 939 Somerset Street W. Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 6R8, Canada
Schedule: 4 days/week
Salary: $47,332.91 according to the Collective Agreement
Benefits Package: Group Insurance, RRSP
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Whether you’re an experienced Canadian looking to put your skills into action for youth development, or a young person in an EQWIP HUBs country looking for a program to prepare you for the future – we have opportunities for you.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
The Digital Knowledge Coordinator, reporting to the Senior Program Lead, Youth Livelihoods and Learning, will provide technological and digital knowledge mobilization support to the Canada Project Office and 6 implementing countries. S/he will provide insight on how to better leverage technology for project implementation, project monitoring and for knowledge management purposes. S/he will have demonstrated capacities in providing creative database and digital knowledge management solutions and practical experience providing end-user troubleshooting for both software and hardware. S/he will establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with project staff.
Learning, Monitoring and Reporting (70%)
• Assess and think strategically about existing information systems and usage, paying particular attention to data systems integration, efficiency, program implementation, and staff usage
• Identify database requirements by analyzing M&E system and working closely with M&E staff in Ottawa and Country Offices
• Design and develop proposed database and add to existing knowledge management systems to fully track, capture and secure all project data, results, successes and challenges
• Lead training sessions and provide ongoing support to staff and volunteers participating in database management and data entry in six country offices (via Skype)
• Provide support to the project monitoring continuum – including tool design, data collection, data entry, cleaning and verification; generating queries and reports; supporting usage and learning
• Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
• Support the sharing and visualization of data for project staff, partners and funders
• Support countries to implement tools with offline capacity/automated synching where technology is a barrier to data collection
• Develop, implement and test back-up and recovery plans
• Engage with and leverage existing project Knowledge Sharing Platform to create efficiencies in knowledge mobilization
• Support to the Program Team on any other issues as necessary
IT Support (30%)
• Identify areas of opportunity for the use of enhanced technology across the project
• Develop enhanced technology utilization processes
• Troubleshoot technology issues as they arise in Canada Office and country offices
• Provide guidance to employees regarding tools and strategies to ensure the effective and efficient use of technology (particularly SharePoint)
• Conduct staff briefings on technological optimizations to increase efficiencies
• Provide on-call technical support to employees/users and help in identifying and implementing improvements to technology-based tools
• Support and provide capacity strengthening to IT Managers in field offices
• Design usage protocols and regulate SharePoint system use by staff including adding/deleting new users
• Manage and set-up user permissions and roles within SharePoint
• Provide technical support and make recommendations on hardware and systems maintenance where necessary
• Support to the EQWIP HUBs team on any other issues as necessary
• Must be eligible to work in Canada
• Degree or Diploma in Information Technology, Statistics, Computer Science or related field
• 2 - 4 years of experience in Information Technology, Knowledge Management, Database Administration or related experience
• Strong familiarity with and working knowledge of technology platforms, applications, databases, current trends and opportunities
• Knowledge of analysis software is strongly desired (Excel, Access, Power BI, etc)
• Experience utilizing M&E databases for quantitative data analysis and visualization
• Experience using SharePoint (protocols, permissions, set up, organization etc)
• Ability to troubleshoot technical issues
• Diligence toward working accurately with large amounts of data
• Ability to manage competing priorities, work with deadlines and schedules
• Energetic and collaborative spirit, with the ability to work independently and take initiative
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
• English fluency required, French and Spanish language skills an asset
Deadline to apply: Thursday, September 14th, 2017 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Digital Knowledge Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.