Position: Communications Specialist
Employer: World Accord
Deadline: May 20, 2022
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Entry Level
Salary Range: $19/hour
Closing Date: May 20, 2022
Ontario based World Accord – International Development Agency supports sustainable long-term development overseas by partnering with local organizations to promote equitable, locally-led responses to poverty and injustice.
Overall, the Communications Specialist advances World Accord's mandate, programs and services with stakeholders through a variety of stakeholder communications requiring collaboration with WA team.
S/he/they is responsible for aiding in the development and implementation of internal and external communication strategies and plans that support strategic projects; assisting with writing stories of our NGO and partners, providing communications support as well as training to staff.
In addition, the incumbent is responsible for producing high quality photos and promotional materials, assisting with social media alongside the Marketing Coordinator, conducting communications research and analyzing data.
Education & Experience:
Post-secondary education in Journalism, Public Relations, Media Communications, or a related field or currently enrolled in post-secondary education preferrable.
Training or certification in social media, photography, videography, and project management considered an asset.
Languages: English. French: strong asset
Communication strategies and plans
• Communication tools such as writing stories of our NGO and partners, using social media
• Communication trends ·
• Video production (an asset)
• Specialized knowledge of a variety of computer programs; social media platforms; and other related tools including Adobe suite of products, MailChimp, Hootsuite, Canva, and video editing platforms
• Strong written and oral communication skills ·
• Effective research skills
• Self-starter with ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Understanding of marketing strategies, including social media marketing
• Experience working on small projects with various groups of people
Brief list of duties:
• developing stories, releases
• managing/monitoring social and traditional media and identifying opportunities for engagement, trends or other issues that are of significance to the organization
• providing support to WA team and partners
Develops and coordinates World Accord communication strategies and processes using written, social media, video and communications by:
• preparing system and messages
• preparing special communications for governments at the federal, provincial, and municipal levels
• assisting staff with communication needs as required
• creating/editing videos to support communications objectives
Provides professional development and training by:
• providing communications support for WA website
• training support to staff
• providing training of staff in the appropriate use of social media, website, and video
Mentoring provided by: Program Manager