Position: Communications Manager
Employer: Canada-Mathare Education Trust
Deadline: May 25, 2018
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: May 25, 2018
Description of Position:
The Communications Manager is a member of CMETrust’s Board of Directors. They are responsible for all external communications, including email newsletters, social media, and the website. They also work closely with the Fundraising Chairs to develop content for fundraising campaigns.
• Develop, produce, and disseminate content through email, social media, and the website
• Provide communications expertise in support of fundraising campaigns and other organizational initiatives
• Manage the back-end of the website and email system
• In collaboration with other board members, develop, oversee, and implement the organization’s communications strategy
• Provide financial oversight, organizational support and strategic management for the charity, contributing to consensus building through open dialogue amongst the Board of Trustees
• Attend (in person or via teleconference) and contribute to the five Board Meetings held each year
• Demonstrated experience in using traditional and digital media to reach donors, supporters and the media, drafting press releases, newsletters, etc.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including editing skills with strong attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills to collaborate effectively and efficiently with other Board members and volunteers
• Experience with Google Suite, Nationbuilder or a similar web platform, MailChimp, and various social media platforms
• Task oriented with the ability to be self-directed
• Proficiency in graphic design, video editing, and web development applications (Adobe Creative Suite, etc.) would be an asset
• Volunteer would work from home and participate in meetings in person in Ottawa or Toronto or via teleconference/webinar from elsewhere.
• Time commitment of approximately 15 hours per month
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 25, 2018.