7th Annual Blumbergs’ Canadian Charity Law Institute
Join us on Monday October 15, 2018 in Toronto for the 7th Annual Blumbergs’ Canadian Charity Law Institute. We will be featuring a number of speakers covering different legal and compliance issues affecting Canadian charities and non-profits.
Some of our topics and speakers include:
– Reflections on the Senate Committee on the Charitable Sector – The Honourable Ratna Omidvar – Senator for Ontario
– Same but different: approaches to charity law and regulation in Australia – Murray Baird, Assistant Commissioner and General Counsel – Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission
– Critical Financial Internal Controls for Charities and NFPOs: Protecting the Assets and Reputations of Organizations and their Directors – Gordon Holley – Humanity Financial Management, Vancouver
– Update on the CNCA – Colleen Kirby – Manager, Policy Section of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
– Sponsorships – negotiating with a corporation without being fleeced – Chris Baylis – The Sponsorship Collective, Ottawa
– Charities and Related Business – Richard Bridge – Nova Scotia Charity Lawyer
– Risk Management and Safety and Security for Personnel of Canadian Charities.- Amy Avis, General Counsel & Vice-President of Risk and Compliance – Canadian Red Cross
– HST opportunities for Canadian Charities – Stephen McCourt, Partner, – RSM Canada
– Update on the Status of the Sector and Recent Changes on Political Activities – Mark Blumberg – Toronto Charity Lawyer.
– 5 biggest mistakes Canadian charities make – Mark Blumberg – Toronto Charity Lawyer.
It will be a full day packed with practical legal and ethical compliance information geared toward charities, professional advisors and those interested in regulatory issues affecting charities and the non-profit sector. Space is limited.
The price is $275 for the day. It includes breakfast, lunch, breaks, coffee and drinks, HST and handouts.Register