Join the OCIC iAM Vol 9 eMagazine Editorial Board Members
iAM is a multimedia e-magazine published by OCIC that promotes an increased awareness and understanding of global issues. iAM examines how theory and action intersect, looks at how to put reflection into practice, and unites marginalized voices from around the world in the name of global social justice, human dignity and participation for all.
To view past volumes click here.
iAM Volume 9 will be published in 2018 and will invite submissions of essays, videos, podcasts, music, visual art and infographics. We are looking for a group of passionate and skilled volunteers to join our Editorial and Production Team. This year the theme for iAM Vol 9 is on innovation viewed from multiple lens, for example;
- Innovation in Technology
- Innovation towards Gender Equality
- Innovation towards Social Justice and Resilience
- Innovation towards Accessibility
- Innovation in Community-Based Peacebuilding and Reconciliation
- Innovation by Whom for Whom?
- Innovation within Indigenous Communities
- Innovation towards the SDGs
- The Problem with Innovation
Working with OCIC’s Communications Coordinator, team members will contribute to the development of our next issue in the following ways:
Ad Sales and Promotion
How you can volunteer?
- The team will meet face-to-face approximately once a month, in Toronto, with the option to join virtually
- Team members can expect to commit approximately 2-3 hours per week towards completing their tasks
- Team members are expected to contribute their best efforts and complete all assigned tasks according to tight deadlines
- Flexibility will be required!
What skills do you need?
Ideal candidates* for the iAM Editorial and Production Team will bring any combination of the following:
- Experience in/solid knowledge of social justice and cooperation in the current global context
- Commitment to working within an anti-oppressive framework
- Previous experience in writing or editorial work including: editorial boards, academic writing, copy editing, art direction (working with layout, design, e-technologies such as online flipbooks), journalism, multimedia art
- Previous experience in successful marketing, advertising, digital marketing, or public engagement campaigns
*OCIC membership is not required, but members are encouraged to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit the following documents to Winta Tesfai at email@example.com by Friday, June 30 at 5:00PM EST:
- One page expression of interest, indicating preference for editorial or promotional work
- Writing sample of no more than 500 words on a global/social justice issue of your choice
- Links to a recent successful promotional campaign (optional)
As an equity seeking organization, OCIC encourages applications from individuals that represent the full diversity of communities in Canada, including complexities of intersecting identities such as ability, age, class, gender, race and sexual orientation.