Position: Young Leaders Overseas: Communications Support
Employer: Cuso International
Deadline: October 2, 2018
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Entry Level
Closing Date: October 2, 2018
Application Deadline: October 1st 2018
Start Date January 2019
Length of Placement 6-12 Months
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents Only
The Volunteer’s Role
You will be a part of the youth movement and work with like-minded individuals to make a sustainable difference in Guyana.
Cuso International is calling on Canadian Youth between the ages of 19 to 30 who have demonstrated leadership in their communities or in an academic or professional setting and are looking for challenging international work experience with Cuso International or one of our local partners in Guyana for 6-12 months to contribute to positive impact with a youth focus.
The Young Leaders Overseas program aims to provide Canadian youth with the international experience they need to build their careers and succeed in today’s world. Be a part of the youth movement with Cuso International and work with international colleagues to contribute towards creating sustainable change in Guyana.
As a volunteer Young Leader in Guyana, you will:
You will support Cuso International Guyana with the development of communication materials and channels to promote and market the impact of its inclusive and sustainable economic development and gender and social inclusion programs implemented by Cuso International Guyana, its partner and Cuso International volunteers.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Canadian youth must be between the ages of 19 to 30
- Post-secondary graduates with a degree or diploma program in a university, college, post-secondary school of technology, institute, or CEGEP.
Essential Professional Background:
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience in a community, academic or professional context.
-Shortlisted candidates will attend a one-day in-person assessment day in Ottawa or Vancouver in October or November (multiple dates available)
-Selected volunteers will attend the pre-departure training course in Ottawa December 7-11
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months.
Young Leaders Overseas Bonus Package
- Promotion of their Leadership Story through Cuso international Platforms
- A certificate of completion of the Young Leadership program
- An Influence lunch with Cuso International’s Director of International Volunteering: Jacques Rajotte