Position: Strategic Litigation & Advocacy Advisor - Volunteer in Peru
Employer: Cuso International
Deadline: July 11, 2018
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: July 11, 2018
Location Lima, Peru
Start Date Jul - Sep 2018 (flexible)
Length of Placement 12 Months
Language Requirements Spanish
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
Cuso International is looking for a volunteer passionate about the rights of women and girls!
During this placement, you will provide technical assistance to DEMUS in strategic litigation and cases that they sponsor in order to recognize women's fundamental rights, such as living a life free of violence and discrimination. DEMUS carries out a psycho-legal assistance to their emblematic cases, which allows victims to become spokespersons for the rights of women and girls.
With your knowledge and experience, you'll support causes to advance the full rights for women. You can learn more about the cases here: http://www.demus.org.pe/casos-emblematicos/
As a volunteer, you will:
- Provide technical assistance for legal argument of emblematic cases in different judiciary bodies.
- Develop case studies on successful emblematic litigation.
- Provide support for national and international publications on cases.
- Support DEMUS and Cuso International on lessons learned for work in defense of women's rights.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Degree in law, sociology or related field.
Essential Professional Background:
- Experience in judicial processes.
- Knowledge and commitment to gender equality.
- Experience writing/editing reports and publications.
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.