Position: Senior Accountant
Location: Toronto, Montreal
Deadline: April 22, 2022
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Senior
Closing Date: April 22, 2022
CESO is an international economic development organization growing sustainable, inclusive businesses, and strengthening government infrastructure. CESO deploys its experts to businesses, communities, governments and individuals around the world and in Canada.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Senior Accountant is responsible for general bookkeeping, cash flow management and supporting the Finance team.
This is a 6 month contract position and the successful candidate can be based in either the following provinces/territories: Ontario, Quebec, British Columbia & North-West Territories. Work is currently mainly remote due to COVID-19, with a hybrid model of back to the office in Toronto and Montreal (if the candidate lives in either of these cities).
- Understands, communicates and enforces compliance with the financial terms and conditions of funding contracts, and CESO Finance policies.
- Processes and prepares payment of accounts payable, such as but not limited to volunteer expense claims, monthly field office expense reports, and credit card transactions. Works closely with relevant staff or in-country representatives to ensure proper approval and supporting documentation is provided for all accounts payable items and clearly communicates back to the applicable stakeholder re any accounting adjustments made.
- Reviews work prepared by other Finance team members as required.
- Supports the Accounting Manager to provide invoices and A/R reports to other departmental staff to enable timely A/R collection.
- Prepares or assists Accounting Manager with journal entries and monthly account reconciliations.
- Ensures adequate supporting documentation is maintained and filed for all accounting transactions.
- Supports the Accounting Manager to prepare and maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date accounting records.
- Participates in implementing and enforcing CESO’s internal controls policies and procedures.
- Responds to internal inquiries with respect to financial matters as needed.
- Assists with month-end and year-end closing processes.
- Assists with the preparation and coordination of external audits.
- Undertakes research and financial analysis to support ongoing program development and learning.
- Works with vendors/service providers to resolve billing issues.
- Assists with updating information systems for the purpose of sharing data with other internal users.
- Performs other duties and ad hoc requests as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
- Where requested, participates in and contributes to organizational initiatives such as process improvements.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- An accounting designation in good standing (CPA/CGA/CMA/CA)
- 4+ years of experience in accounting, preferably in the non-profit industry
- Very strong attention to detail and results-oriented
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Experience with Quickbooks is an asset
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Functional knowledge of French, Spanish, Mongolian or Russian an asset
- Ideal candidate will be a team player, outgoing, energetic and a good communicator
Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations with Senior Accountant in the subject line to:
Jennifer Rovet, Recruitment Manager
Application deadline: April 22, 2022
CESO is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.