Position: Quality Health Services Administration Advisor
Employer: Cuso International
Location: Bale Robe, Ethiopia
Deadline: June 14, 2018
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: June 14, 2018
Start Date Apr - Jun 2018 (flexible)
Length of Placement 8 Months
Language Requirements English
The Volunteer’s Role
The overall purpose of the placement is to contribute to the objectives of the Mada Walabu university to contribute to the plan and delivery of health services that promote, protect and improve public Health of the University catchment areas. The university needs to fill the gap in Public health service delivery. The placement expected to contribute towards the realization of the university’s objectives.
Overall purpose: To provide technical assistance to strengthen health systems of the University
-To develop quality health standards that are appropriate to the organization and community
-To consult on expert Quality health strategies and systems
-To train the university staff on Quality Health services
As a volunteer, you will:
- Facilitate workshops and/or create educational materials on themes related to strategic planning. These might vary depending on the volunteer’s expertise and the needs of the association though subjects may include business planning, conflict resolution, strategic planning, etc.
- Perform need-based analyses on associations, including an analysis of the new value chain of an eco-tourism initiative in Yororobá. The analysis should highlight the associations’ institutional needs, along with the beneficiaries’ progress in achieving their professional goals.
- Develop and implement strategic plans and recommendations on future actions of associations/groups based on the collected data.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
-M.A in Public Health Science or related field
-M.A in Health care administrator/management
Essential Professional Background:
-Work experience in Quality Health Service delivery improvement
-Experience in Training Delivery on Public health delivery service
-Experience in Project Management
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months