Position: Program Development Advisor
Employer: Uniterra - WUSC and CECI program
Deadline: August 6, 2017
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: August 6, 2017
DURATION: 8 months
EXPECTED DEPARTURE DATE:
Departure date is contingent upon completion of administrative file and approval of visa. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and position will remain open until filled.
Uniterra is a leading Canadian international volunteer cooperation and development program, jointly implemented by the Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI) and World University Service of Canada (WUSC).
Uniterra contributes to improving the socio-economic conditions of poor and marginalized communities in 14 countries and with over 200 partners in Africa, Asia and the Americas through the exchange of expertise and knowledge of Canadian and international volunteers. Uniterra believes that economic growth, when inclusive, is the most powerful driver of poverty reduction. The purpose of the Uniterra program is to improve the lives of some of the world’s most vulnerable populations by stimulating growth and facilitating access to the benefits of growing and diversified markets. To make this happen, we are working with our local partners to enhance the income of poor and marginalized women and youth through better access to employment and income generation opportunities. Uniterra country program staff work with our local partners to design Uniterra assignments in the context of the country strategy, supporting the inclusion of women and youth in key economic subsectors.
For more information on the Uniterra program, our approach and countries of focus please visit: Uniterra.ca
National Youth Federation Nepal (NYFN) is an umbrella organization of youth groups, youth led/run organizations and other non-political federations. It is a non-political, not-for-profit social organization, established in 2009. It envisions meaningful youth participation in every aspect of development that leads to a sustainable development of prosperous Nepal in accordance with human rights, democracy and good governance. NYFN strives to build the capacity of youth, increase their participation and access. NYFN aims to bring together Nepali youth and the youth organizations in a single forum to strengthen the voice of Nepalese youth both at the local and national levels. NYFN acts as a platform where youth have the opportunities to advocate for youth rights, exchange knowledge and experiences to take collective action at carrying out youth led initiatives in Nepal.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
NYFN is looking for a Fundraising Officer who will support in the following areas:
- Develop a fundraising strategy for NYFN and help implement it;
- Facilitate/assist in NYFN’s external communication to improve outreach and visibility of the organization to donors;
- Support in researching, identifying and approaching prospective donors for funding NYFN work and programs;
- Prepare and submit proposals to identified and prospective donors as necessary and as and when opportunity arises in consultation with the board and staff;
- Enhance NYFN’s members’ and staff’s skill and capacity in fundraising, proposal writing etc.
- Master's degree in social/international development or communication;
- Work experience in fundraising and proposal writing;
- Excellent writing, communications and presentation skills;
- Highly motivated, positive, innovative and enthusiastic individual;
- Highly adaptable and flexible and excellent intercultural communication skills;
- Ensure participation of women and youth in all the activities;
- Prepare reports required by Uniterra and the partner organization.
VOLUNTEER BENEFITS AND SUPPORT:
- Support and guidance prior to departure and while on assignment in country.
- Participation in a pre-departure training where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, gain practical skills for living and working in an intercultural context and meet other volunteers. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
- In-country orientation and briefing upon arrival in-country.
- Language training in-country where required.
- Return flights, visas and work permits.
- Cost of required country specific vaccinations and antimalarials.
- Comprehensive health insurance.
- Modest monthly living allowance while overseas.
- Accommodation while overseas.
- Vacation leave entitlement.
- Return debriefing in Canada after completion of assignment. Travel, meals and accommodation are covered.
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada between the age of 18-70.
- Departure date is contingent upon the timely completion of all administrative requirements (e.g. visa processes, medical clearance, police checks, travel documentation).
- With the support of the program, all volunteers shall undertake to make a minimum financial contribution of $1,500 for participating in the program.