Position: Poultry Husbandry and Enterprise Advisor
Employer: Cuso International
Deadline: August 11, 2017
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: August 11, 2017
The Poultry Husbandry and Enterprise Advisor will work as part of the T-LED team, which aims to increase the benefit to local SMEs in Tanzania of investment in the extractives and agriculture industries.
The advisor will work directly with SMEs to coach and mentor local companies in the extractives and agriculture supply chains, developing their capacity to be considered as a supplier. To achieve this, SMEs will need to have the right technical skills, knowhow and equipment to meet the market needs in terms of packaging and labelling.
She/He will also coach relevant Small Industries Development Organisation (SIDO), Tanzania Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture (TCCIA) and Tanzania Women Chamber of Commerce (TWCC) staff in providing technical training in poultry production to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to improve the quality of trainings provided.
Ultimately the role will contribute to local companies accessing new markets and employing more people and therefore ensuring a greater proportion of foreign investment benefits local people.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Train entrepreneurs in improving their poultry production and practices
- Improve capacity of poultry focused SMEs to win contracts with companies
- Help grow enterprises for poultry husbandry (culturally and technically appropriate for region and/or communities and market demand)
- Support target SMEs to achieve standards required by buyers (including safety, health, skills, environment, community, etc.)
- Coach and mentor SIDO, TCCIA and TWCC staff to improve training provided to SMEs on poultry husbandry and poultry enterprise; develop tools and training materials with SIDO, TCCIA and TWCC staff that can be used in their trainings to SMEs