Position: Monitoring And Knowledge Management Advisor
Employer: Cuso International
Location: Bogotá Colombia
Deadline: April 30, 2019
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: April 30, 2019
Location Bogotá D.C, Colombia
Start Date Apr - Jun 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 11 Months
Language Requirements Spanish
The Volunteer’s Role
We are looking for a volunteer like you to support the Ministry of Labor in the construction and implementation of a monitoring process for the employment route of the Public Employment Service. The monitoring process will provide new guidelines and improvements to achieve greater accessibility for employers and citizens in search of a job or a better job opportunity.
"Jobs to build a future" is a project financed by the Government of Canada that seeks to offer formal employment opportunities to women, young people and victims of the armed conflict, fostering their socio-economic inclusion and increasing the levels of labor equity for people in vulnerable situations entering the labor market.
We need a volunteer who will provide advice and strengthen tools, methodologies and general procedures for partner organizations of the project. These tools, methodologies and procedures will be implemented within the framework of technical assistance that Cuso International provides in matters of public policies for inclusive employment.
The Ministry of Labor promotes policies and strategies for the generation of stable employment, labor formalization, protection of the unemployed, training of workers, labor mobility, pensions and other benefits.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Review of existing experiences that support the employability route of the Public Employment Service.
- Development of physical and virtual instruments for the multiplier training methodology.
- Review of existing alliances that support the employability route of the Public Employment Service.
- Development of virtual instruments for the multiplier training methodology.
- Prepare recommendations for the Colombian Public Employment Policy according to the results of the reviews carried out.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Degree in Economy, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Education or any related studies;
- Graduated studies in a related field.
Essential Professional Background:
- Experience in development, evaluation and monitoring of projects;
- Experience using participative research methodologies;
- Experience in data analysis and using statistical methods;
- Experience in de development of online tools.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months