Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Employer: Cuso International
Deadline: May 31, 2019
Employment Type: Volunteer
Position Level: Mid Level
Closing Date: May 31, 2019
Location Lilongwe, Malawi
Start Date May - Jul 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 9 Months
Language Requirements English
The Volunteer’s Role
This is an exciting opportunity for you to contribute to a regional nutrition program led by CARE Canada!
The Southern Africa Nutrition Initiative (SANI) will improve the nutrition of women of reproductive age and reduce stunting of growth for children under five years old in Mozambique, Zambia, and Malawi. The Nutrition Policy Advisor will contribute to the implementation of the SANI project in Malawi.
As a Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor you will contribute to the SANI team in Malawi by providing technical support in the areas of data management and in strengthening training and field reports. In your role you will also develop a analysis to review project data and contribute to project learning.
Live in a small house with many of the amenities that will remined you of home, while being surrounded by the green and peaceful Lilongwe neighbourhoods. Being walking distance from supermarkets provide the opportunity to join the community and meet your neighbours as you stroll the streets in Lilongwe Malawi.
Apply for this position today to join the SANI team in making a difference in Malawi!
As a volunteer, you will:
-Provide technical support to staff/Government partners on data management
-Provide technical support to the development of a data management system for project interventions
-Participate in routine project monitoring activities on quarterly basis
-Generate analysis and co-facilitation of technical review meetings with project staff
-Support the writing of project reports and updates from field monitoring visits
Essential Academic Qualifications:
BA Degree in Statistics, Health and Data management, International Development / Social sciences
Quantitative data collection, analysis and interpretation
Essential Professional Background:
At least 2 years of experience working in data management at project level
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months