Position: Leadership Donor Support
Employer: Canadian Feed the Children
Deadline: June 30, 2022
Employment Type: Employment
Position Level: Entry Level
Salary Range: $15/Hour
Closing Date: June 30, 2022
Title: Leadership Donor Support- Summer Jobs Program
Type: Temporary (up to 8 weeks), Full-time (35 hours per week)
Location: Remote (see below)
Hourly rate: $15.00
Canadian Feed the Children’s vision is a world in which children thrive, free of poverty. For 35 years,
CFTC has been working with local partners in Uganda, Ethiopia, Ghana, Bolivia, and with 31
Indigenous communities in Canada, to deliver programs that have positive, meaningful, and sustained
impact on the health, education and well-being of children and the self-sufficiency of their families and
communities. If you share our passion for bettering children’s lives, and you thrive in a collaborative,
values-based culture please consider applying for this role.
Our head office is in North York however, we offer hybrid working arrangement.
About this Opportunity
Canadian Feed the Children (“CFTC”) has a Canada Summer Jobs opening in July 2022 (up to 8
weeks) a tech savvy, collaborative and organized applicant. In the Leadership Donor Support role, you
will provide administrative and stewardship support for Leadership donors.
This position is made possible largely due to the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) grant, an initiative of the
Summer Work Experience program. One of the priorities of the program is to support employers who
intend to hire youth in underrepresented groups. Preference for this position will be given to an
applicant who self-identifies as being part of an underrepresented group:
• Indigenous youth
• Visible minorities/ racialized youth
• Newcomer/refugee youth
To be eligible, a participant must:
• Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
• Be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or person on whom refugee protection has been
conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and;
• Be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and
1. Assist with donor stewardship activities including thank you and anniversary calling, email
stewardship and greeting card support.
2. Donor calling and system updates in CRM database (Raiser’s Edge). Record updates may
include address and contact updates.
3. Provide progress via Teams meetings to communicate status updates and work progress.
4. Lapsed donor reactivation support including sending email communication, updating donor information and setting up follow up meetings for Leadership team member.
5. May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge/NXT database or similar CRM system preferred but not
mandatory as training is available.
• Confident over the phone with a strong ability to work independently and effectively.
• Ability to exercise discretion and good judgement with confidential information.
• Strong technical skills with MS Office suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Competence with online video conferencing and chat platforms.
• An approach that is flexible, adaptive, creative and always looking for improvements.
• Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
• Good oral and written communication skills in English.
• Must be able to work effectively from home, with access to internet and phone.
• A desire to achieve our mission while making a Leadership team contribution.
How to apply:
Please quote the position title in the subject line.
Please submit your resume and cover letter June 30th, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Canadian Feed The Children (“CFTC”) is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and welcome
applications from qualified applicants reflective of the diverse population we serve including members
of visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual
orientation or gender identity. Accommodations are available on request to the People and Culture
department throughout the recruitment and employment process.